Questions about my AK.

I traded for my AK about a year ago and I have looked into it but seem to find very little info on it. From what I have read, they seem to be pretty good builds. Anyone have any experience with this one? It stamped like this. SLR-100H, Cal. 7.62X39, ArsenaL Bulgaria, Intrac, Knox TN. I have a few hundred rounds through it with no problems. It is a milled receiver. I can post pics if you guys want. 

It's an Arsenal and considered one of the higher level builds. Usually, they went for over 1k new, so it isn't your cheap run of the mill made by a 12 year old AK. You have  a good one. Bulgarian AK's are some of the finest available 

Should be easy enough to refinish on your own now that duracoat comes in spray cans. Would have a hard time tacti-cooling that rifle but to each his own :)

Not going to duracoat it. One of my best friends runs a heat treat facility and he also does black oxide. If i want He can black oxide it for me.I would like to put one of the arsenal 74 style folding stocks on it. Edited by XxthejuicexX

Not going to duracoat it. One of my best friends runs a heat treat facility and he also does black oxide. If i want He can black oxide it for me.I would like to put one of the arsenal 74 style folding stocks on it.

Your's is a milled receiver so you can't use one of the bolt on type stock kits. You'll have to modify the receiver to accept the paratrooper stock. I'd look into an ACE stock if you plan on going that far with it.

Your's is a milled receiver so you can't use one of the bolt on type stock kits. You'll have to modify the receiver to accept the paratrooper stock. I'd look into an ACE stock if you plan on going that far with it.

It's a milled double tang and I really don't want to cut one off so I will have to figure something out. Like you said I know ACE makes a few along with some other guys. Most of the time you have to cut the lower tang off to make most stocks work so I am not sure what I want to do just yet. I really do not want to cut a tang off to make a stock work. I really don't want to put an AR stock on it but I found a buffer tube that will work with the receiver I have and then I could put a magpul stock on it.

Unless Arsenal releases a milled version of their SF adapter then yeah you really don't have much of an option.  I wouldn't cut that tang for nothing.  Go get a beater Wasr and tacticool that one out and return this one to original; wood and muzzle nut.

• Like 1

Unless Arsenal releases a milled version of their SF adapter then yeah you really don't have much of an option.  I wouldn't cut that tang for nothing.  Go get a beater Wasr and tacticool that one out and return this one to original; wood and muzzle nut.

I have the wood and muzzle nut but I like the rail so I can mount optics, I have a hard time seeing and shooting with the iron sites. I will not cut the tang off. It's also not about being tacticool it's more for ease of use for me. I like the old wood look of the AK's but I prefer a more Ergonomic AK for shooting.

Edited by XxthejuicexX