ARAK-21 upper

KorbenDallas

These have received good reviews but are a little rich for my blood. If I want a piston AR, I will just get a Blem Adam Arms piston AR-15. I just don't have much need for piston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by jcluff

The only negatives I have against the ARAK-21 is that they had some bugs(which have been worked out since they released the Gen2's) when they first released them, and the weight, the upper alone weighs in at about on average 5.5lbs(the weights vary pending on caliber and barrel length/profile). I've been following the ARAK very closely for the last year and have wanted one for some time, will be purchasing one likely this coming spring(ish).

That's an interesting idea. I will say when I had my 7.62X39 AR the weak point was the bolt and magazines. I guess it's 300 AAC and not 7.69x39?

It's 5.56, .300AAC, and they're releasing a 7.62x39 here soon. There are talks of others as well including a 6.8SPC, .22lr conversion, and a .308 variant for the larger AR-10 platform.

These have received good reviews but are a little rich for my blood. If I want a piston AR, I will just get a Blem Adam Arms piston AR-15. I just don't need much need for piston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's a bit expensive but let's be honest, comparing this to a Adams Arms is unfair. These are very much two very different beasts. Comparing this to another gun that would be fair would be the Bushmaster ACR, RRA LAR-PDS, Robinson Arms XCR, or FNH SCAR 16S. The aforementioned platforms all use AR ergonomics but use a different operating system that steers away from traditional AR platforms and even piston AR platforms. So by price comparison's sake, this stacked next to one of the previously mentioned weapons is VERY much affordable. Am I saying that it is the end all be all? No, merely stating that if you're going to compare it to another weapon, make sure it's a similar species.

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1

I have an arak 21 it's an awesome upper with l side charging handle. I had a firing pin fail, they sent me a new one, all is good. Their customer service is better than good. They manufacture in house, no foreign parts. At 7 .5 pounds plus w a billet lower it is a lil heavy but not worse than an m4 w a acog. They first came out w a 556 barell and 300 BO barell. Changeover is done in less than 10 mins. I paid @ 1500 at nashville armory
I would compare this to a sig 556 rifle more than anything from Adams, Barrett or rra.
a943bd573a8f0421ca666c6fd196b222.jpg

Edited by Dustbuster

I have an arak 21 it's an awesome upper with l side charging handle. I had a firing pin fail, they sent me a new one, all is good. Their customer service is better than good. They manufacture in house, no foreign parts. At 7 .5 pounds plus w a billet lower it is a lil heavy but not worse than an m4 w a acog. They first came out w a 556 barell and 300 BO barell. Changeover is done in less than 10 mins. I paid @ 1500 at nashville armory
I would compare this to a sig 556 rifle more than anything from Adams, Barrett or rra.
a943bd573a8f0421ca666c6fd196b222.jpg

How's the fitment between the upper and lower? Any rattle or movement or is it pretty solid? Also, is that a grip-pod and if so, what is that sleeve on it?? :p

The upper and lower are tight, lower is a CMT billet. The grip pod is an original metal grip pod, the sleeve is a foam sleeve that i ran tape around to keep it from wearing out and falling apart.

I thought I recognized the CMT logo. I could swear that said grip-pod but wasn't sure. I too have one, it's a new milsurplus variant though that I snagged for $30. No, it's not the chinese variant, it has the steel reinforced legs as well. It's currently on my marksman rifle. :D

267edc66ee8c46f98b207e801224c3a3.jpg Edited by whitewolf001
  • 2 weeks later...
I made one of these burnt bronze for a guy a while back. It wanna neat design and I appreciated the non-reciprocating charging handle. Not sure if they are any better than a standard upper but it was fun to run a few test fire rounds through. The piston design is far superior over the 2 Adams arms pistons I've broken.