Bought some ammo yesterday.

Looking for .22, of course Walmart in Dickson was out, also The Sportsman Store was out. So, I bought a box of 20-Honaday Critical Defense flex tip 220grain in .45ACP for $25, that's what I keep loaded in my Glock 21. Bought a 50-count box of Blaser Brass 230grain FMJ in .45ACP for $19, not a bad price, a box of 50-Blaser Brass 158grain .357MAG JHP for $19 and a 20-box of Federal 150 grain 30-30 SP for $14. May get some more of that 30-30 and shoot my Marlin a little next week. Still have about 400 rnds of .22 I was holding on to, I refuse to buy .22 from a dealer at the gun show so i'll have to wait I guess till the .22 shortage eases somewhat. I'm beginning to think it wont.

Edited by K191145
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to think on it these days. between the resellers on Armslist, GB, and even the LGS guys; it seems that the supplies are slowly coming back, but with the exceptions of sales and 1 or 2 box limits, the "new normal" pricing is around 10 per round.

Sure, its higher than we paid 2 years ago, but it's still not 50/1.00 a round like some of our other calibers.

Not trying to start a fliming on price or sellers with this comment, I just seem to be seeing more 22 recently in the shelves of several of my lgs guys.

Not loving the price, but it isn't unreasonable in my opinion.

It's been so long since I bought any .22, I had a bulk box and some other small boxes for a long time, shot a few hundred the last range session. I wouldn't really know what I should pay for a box of Federal bulk or a 100-count box of some good quality Remington. I don't think i've ever paid over $5 for a box of .22, even the best stuff.