Second Amendment Crushes Gun Control Candidates In Midterm Elections

I really don't think that gun rights, or gun control was the big issue for either side.  The candidates paid lip service to whatever cause their base sided with, but this election was all about President Obama and his policies.  Since the Democrats had more seats to defend, they took the brunt of the steamroller this election.

But that won't stop the NRA and the other orgs from trying to tell you they were the reason as they ask you for more money.

• Like 3
MDA was the flip side of the NRA the day after the elections; all the voters who elected DEMS to seats or governorships were voting for gunsense they proclaimed. The propaganda is really starting to get deep, or maybe I am just getting tired of having to tread the surface...

not every R win was a 2nd win either.  We still are stuck with Lamar and our worthless governor, and other states had defeats as well -- hickenlooper won his battle, for example.  

It was a great day.  But for gun control, it was only a meh day.  We got as good a results as could be asked for, of course, and that is awesome, but that is because the bar is set pretty low right now.  

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

On an overall basis, i think the electorate came to it's senses, saw these people for what they really are, and voted accordingly to stop them... They realized that the only way to reign the federal government in was to get rid of a democrat majority; which they did, by historic margins...

At the state level, people pretty much voted republican because they like republican policies... Places like Pennsylvania voted democrat because of the "gimmme crowd" around Philly, voter fraud, and remnants of the union vote... Places like Colorado voted democrat because of the hippy influx and general stupidity...

I think that the gun control thing is pretty much laid to rest because of the recent Supreme Court rulings... The real remaining fight(s) in the gun control area is at the state level (...i think...) where the state sets the rules for the "wearing of arms"...We as pro 2A folks that believe in the plain reading of the Constitution need to be watchful and vote accordingly...  

Some pundit (...Ted Cruz, i think...) summed the mid term up pretty much up in one sentence... The republicans didn't win because they are popular and great; they won because the electorate was tired of the democrat's governance... I think he is exactly right... This election was a rebellion against soft authoritarianism at the federal level and a general dislike for those at the top; gun control just happens to be in the mix with these authoritarian sons and daughters of satan ...

The problem for all would be "president's for life" and their buddies is that in the good ole USA; there will always be another election (...so far...)... Time will tell if there is one in 2016... The current bunch of democrat idiots in power have murdered their own party by peeing down everybodies leg and expecting them to like it just because a democrat autocrat said so... This country doesn't work that way (... yet...)...

The democrats mistook the USA for a third world country where the citizens have no notion of liberty, freedom, or the rule of law... The calculation was a pretty good one for the "gimmme crowd" who are on the government dole; it's a bad one when everyone else wakes up... Folks finally woke up and did something about it... Thank God... That's the real story here...

leroy

Edited by leroy