So what should my next pistol be??

phiferran

So I am supposed to receive a bonus for hitting 20 years at my employer and what better way to celebrate than to buy a new handgun. I have usually just picked up used guns over the years, and now I am struggling to stay focused on choosing another handgun. I feel like a kid in the candy store that can't decide what to buy!!! Sig P320? Full size 1911? I could always pick up another Glock !! Decisions, decisions!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As much as I love old S&W & Colt revolvers I'm going to recommend a new or lightly used 357 Magnum Ruger GP-100 with a 4" barrel and a FO front sight. Otherwise I'd recommend a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible .357 Magnum/9mm P. Every shooter should have a good 357 Magnum.
  • Like 2

As much as I love old S&W & Colt revolvers I'm going to recommend a new or lightly used 357 Magnum Ruger GP-100 with a 4" barrel and a FO front sight. Otherwise I'd recommend a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible .357 Magnum/9mm P. Every shooter should have a good 357 Magnum.

^^^^This. Don't overlook the security six line either. You might be able to pick up a used glock and a ruger .357 for the money of a new sig (226/229/220) etc

• Like 2

A S&W Model 19, or some of the earlier Smith revolvers. The Ruger GP 100. Sig 1911.

The choices are endless. Surely you have a dream gun. Look at what interests you and pick that one you'd probably never get unless "found" money dropped into your lap.

Still looking?

Give it to me. I can find something. Too darn easily. lol

• Like 2

A S&W Model 19, or some of the earlier Smith revolvers. The Ruger GP 100. Sig 1911.

The choices are endless. Surely you have a dream gun. Look at what interests you and pick that one you'd probably never get unless "found" money dropped into your lap.

Still looking?

Give it to me. I can find something. Too darn easily. lol

Wow Hipower, you made it easy.  Dream gun would be a 1911 Sig Scorpion!!  I may have to throw a little money in with it, but it would work!!  Problem solved!!!

My pleasure....now about the consulting fees...

Addendum...Check the site GrabAGun.Com.

I have bought several from them and been very satisfied.

But to the point...they are offering the Sig Nightmare now for 799. And in the past I believe had the Scorpion at a similar price.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

An old "N" frame Smith Model 27... The original "king of revolvers"... Pick any barrel ya can... 

If ya like single actions, find a real Ruger "flat top" three screw 357....

Enjoy,

leroy

Edited by leroy

EAA Witness 10mm. Badass AND affordable, doesn't get much more awesome than that. And Sonny Crockett would be proud, you can always add that to the cool factor. :D

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.

Ditto! I got one this summer and LOVE it!!! Go for the Witness Elite Match. You'll thank yourself. ;-)

Of course, I also have a S&W 19 which is one of my favorite guns, I really miss my old 686 and GP 100, too. There's nothing like a classy 6" or 8" S&W 29 44 mag... oh goodness... I'm no help, haha! Just get whatever you want and let us know! :-) Edited by musicman

What gave it away?! (BTW, I bought an M&P AR10 yesterday. Seriously.)

Yes, I saw that. Tempting. Amd I forget which one of the black Friday sites had a Zastava rifle in 308 that was really interesting. But my gun buying and funds have been put on hold for a while.