practically stole a gun

dralarms

First time in ages I've actually took time to prowl in the pawn shop. And they had a Beretta cougar 8040D, finish pretty well worn but everything felt good. So I told the lady I wanted it since it was 249.99. Fill out my form, give her my dl, a few min. later she comes back with my gun in a plastic bag (or what I thought was my gun). Turned out they had 1 left in the back, very little wear and for the same price.

So I got a 8040D Cougar for 282 tax background and all.
  • Like 1

Nice find & awesome price, especially considering it's the Beretta version. I always regreted trading off my Beretta 8040D. The trigger was smooth as glass. I love the Cougar models. IMHO they have much better ergonomics than the 92s & are so much fun to shoot. Be sure to post some pics.

Really? How much are they at GT's?

They were about the same price. The reason is GT's has been flooded with trade-ins over the last year. I got a second chance at one of the $425 Sig 229's from GT's thanks to US Money shops sitting on one from a transfer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.