AR Trigger Pin Walking

Lumber_Jack

Back the trigger and hammer pins out a bit and use a set of micrometers to compare the hole and pin diameter of both.

There's a good chance it's just enough out of spec but id still compare all four of the holes on both lowers for shits. Edited by Tobashadow

Yeah I figured. I wasn't sure why they walk though. Is this an issue with the pins, the holes? Has it always been an issue. Is it an issue on military issue weapons?

Yes is the answer to all three when i was still in we would put a drop of super glue on them

I only had one M4 in the Army with bad pins. Was training in Germany in 06' as a grenadier at the time and I would constantly get 2 round bursts from my trigger pin walking out. Couldn't fix it on the spot there. But it was what it was. Didn't really care either, ha. 

Anyways, I use KNS pins on all my guns here just so I never have to worry about it. It's not a common problem, but it does occur once in a while. 

• Like 1
Outpost armory. Everything weapons cool springs and I think I may have seen them at GnL in greenbrier. I had pins walk in new complete rifles, drove me nuts. New sig 516 pins were walking. They sent new ones. I said screw it even w dual spring hiperfire triggers I run kns kits. That double burst crap sucks....there are oversize pins but I've never tried them.... Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1

Saw them at On Target in Murfreesboro had two different styles that was Friday of last week think they were $35.00

Yep, $35. Saw them today while I was in there.

Edit: I mis-read that. I was at Outpost Armory and saw them, same price.

Edited by rugerla1