1st stripped lower assembly

jacob

Here is my first assembly of a stripped lower.  Used a LPK I got for Christmas last year.  Will probably replace the safety with something different and put a Geisselle trigger in it next year.  Hopefully I will get the complete upper and buffer tube/stock kit I asked Santa (aka my wife and kids) for this year...Was really cool learning how all the springs and detents and roll pins come together to make everything work...I am officially HOOKED...

3966678a-b373-4e13-bb5e-927a03f71d3b_zps

• Like 4

Here is my first assembly of a stripped lower.  Used a LPK I got for Christmas last year.  Will probably replace the safety with something different and put a Geisselle trigger in it next year.  Hopefully I will get the complete upper and buffer tube/stock kit I asked Santa (aka my wife and kids) for this year...Was really cool learning how all the springs and detents and roll pins come together to make everything work...I am officially HOOKED...

3966678a-b373-4e13-bb5e-927a03f71d3b_zps

I felt the same way after I did my first one. Now I'm on number 7 (or maybe 8). It really is fun learning how to build them. Like anything else, it makes more sense if you put it together yourself. Congrats and wont be long till you post another lol.
  • Like 1

my wife will kill me if i post another one...even though this is my first assembly, it's my 4th AR...lol

The other day my wife walked in and I was reloading magazines from a range trip. She looked at the stack and said "Really? 10 magazines?" Inside I busted out laughing athe the 40 she didn't see in the safe lmao. Not that she would really care, she'd just say I'm ridiculous. Although she gets mad when her 9mm ammo doesn't get restocked fast enough. ....by me of course
  • Like 1
My wife loves to shoot so I am not as bad off as some...but she's more stingy than I am when it comes to money...I cant take it with me so I would rather enjoy it now kinda thing....I was loading up about 30 AR mags awhile back and she just rolled her eyes...I think you and I are probably in similar boats...lol
  • Like 1
Congrats. I put off building lowers for months because it seemed so complicated, then one day I just sat down with a video and was done in about 45 minutes with plenty of rewinds and pauses searching for the right spring and detent. Next one was much faster with the video playing almost as background noise and the last one I built in about 1/2 hour chatting in the chat room here.

It gets easier, even the pivot pin detent and and mag release pin, though if you ever build one with a threaded pin for the mag release you'll find anything else crude in comparison :D .