Nickel boron BCG cheeeeeeep

I just finished some quick background research on these guys. Seems like they have improved over the last year in customer service, but their product quality remains hit or miss... Does not appear consistent. They even state under the 'features' tab for this BSG, "Approximately 20% Of all Bolts are LOT MP tested during our manufacture process. Our Bolts are NOT marked MP."

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/649932_Ares_Armor_NiB_Bolt_carrier_group.html

Still, that's a nice deal at $89. Apparently two months ago they were on sale for $79.

I have been considering building a 300BLK upper, and this BCG would be nice, but I think I must pass on both for now :(

Their quality control is non existent. I purchased one and it came with rust. I've also seen picks on the NFA FB Group of others with rust. I won't purchase from then again but YMMV. I'll be glad to trade mine for something....its new and unused....minus the rust.;-)

I HATE mine.

firing pin broke.

coating sucks. 

bolt is out of spec and causes the rounds to eject into the front of the ejection port, which causes them to bounce back inside the gun and causes malfunctions constantly.

their customer service was good getting me a new firing pin, but I will never get another AIM BCG again.

bolt is out of spec and causes the rounds to eject into the front of the ejection port, which causes them to bounce back inside the gun and causes malfunctions constantly.

Just sayin', a number of possible causes for that. You verify with another bolt?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just sayin', a number of possible causes for that. You verify with another bolt?

- OS

Two others. Both worked perfect. Have a new failzero In there now and it's literally perfect ejection.

That AIM I got was just junk. I made a thread about it a while back even. Even has a guy join the Tgo community just to message me saying he had the same issues with his and was glad it wasn't just him
  • Like 1
I'm sure there's bad batches of components and/or days when a machine needed recalibrating and the like, but I still find it odd how hit and miss stuff like this is. Some rave about how good theirs is and others had just the opposite experience. It even seems to happen, but less often, with the high-end brands.
I picked up a nice BCG from TACTICAL-gear use.com for $89.00. I already had a Bushmaster lower so I ordered a LPK, buffer and spring and a Hardened Arm 16" upper with 15" free-float quad-rail. I also added a CCM 3.25# triggerI finished all up last week and ran ~200 rounds through it just break it in. Tomorrow if it's dry I'll sight in the MBUS sights and Sitemark green dot holo-site, I also had a Laserlyte rail Laser I added below the barrel.

The first 200 rnds went through with no issues a mix of Tulammo and mil-spec green-tip. It's nice to have a 25 & 50 yds range in the back pasture.

Later
Neil

My Fail Zero arrived from Primary Arms a few days ago. It looks like a very solid product but I was disappointed in how it looks. The pictures make it looks completely different than real life which is annoying. I wanted that shiny appearance.

Oh well. I'm sure it's a great product.