Thunderbolt .22LR

Yeah, I paid $28 for 550 subsonic just to get some way back in the early panic. I'd take up underwater basket weaving before buying TB @ $70

I'll shoot it, generally goes bang reliably enough and doesn't seem to be wildly erratic with powder charge,  but it's the only round I've ever found that both my AR .22 and NEOS both don't like much at all, and even my 10/22's hiccup now and then with it. Really don't know why, it looks like exact same as say Blazer 40 gr leadheads, but something about it just has feeding probs.

Generally just relegate it to pump, bolt, and revolvers.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'll shoot it, generally goes bang reliably enough and doesn't seem to be wildly erratic with powder charge,  but it's the only round I've ever found that both my AR .22 and NEOS both don't like much at all, and even my 10/22's hiccup now and then with it. Really don't know why, it looks like exact same as say Blazer 40 gr leadheads, but something about it just has feeding probs.

Generally just relegate it to pump, bolt, and revolvers.

- OS

It seems to have always worked well in my 10/22 and Henry rifles, but I would want to pay that high a price for it.

My personal limit has been $40 per brick ($0.08 per round) delivered ever since the shortage started. I don't think any 22 LR is worth more than that, since you can buy more powerful and accurate centerfire cartridges for as little as $0.10-$0.15 per round, even cheaper if you reload (which I do).

I was lucky enough to get some 22 LR for around $0.05 per round several times in the past year or two, but I didn't mind stocking up at my top price either since I'm an instructor and teach a lot of kids and new shooters. But I'll never accept anything higher than $0.05 per round as "normal", and I haven't been buying for a while since I have enough for the short term and I want to help the market cool down.