KROGER BOYCOTT FAIL: Third quarter profits up 21%, stocks at record high despite Moms Demand Action soft boycott

• Authorized Vendor

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=14942&utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kroger-boycott-fail-third-quarter-profits-up-21-stocks-at-record-high-despite-moms-demand-action-soft-boycott

Pity Michael Bloomberg’s paid-for Moms Demand Action girls:  their boycott of the Kroger chain has been a complete and utter failure as Kroger reported their profits are up 21% (!) in the third quarter and the company’s stock is at an all-time high.

(SmartBrief.com) â€“ Kroger posted a 21% jump in profits during the third quarter with $25 billion in total sales and double-digit unit and sales growth for the chain’s Simple Truth and Simple Truth Organic private-label brands, said COO Mike Ellis. The company marks its 44th consecutive quarter with positive identical store sales, which were up 5.6% for the period.

What did Kroger do to inspire the soft-boycott from Moms Demand Action and its head, Shannon Watts aka Shannon Troughton, President and owner of of VoxPop Public Relations, a boutique liberal PR firm?

Moms Demand Action demanded Kroger ban guns in their stores.  Kroger told Shannon and crew to pound sand.  So the Moms spent big dollars to attack Kroger in a series of (not so slick) advertisements as part of a campaign to urge people to boycott Kroger until they ban guns.

Read more.

• Like 5

We are Kroger shoppers as well and will continue to support them as long as they support our rights.

Kroger is very competitive pricing wise as well, and their "loss leader" deals are excellent. We picked up 2 spiral cut honey hams today for $1.99/lb...about 1/2 Walmart's price. Win/Win! :pleased:

Kroger is the only place we shop. We share a points card with my mom that I use for fuel since I can get the 35 gallon max each purchase in my truck. I fill it up about every ten days and that saves me $35 a fill up, I paid $2.19 for diesel yesterday. :0)

Edit: I've OCed in there a couple of times on my way to or from the range with no issues. Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 1

nothing in that icon is in chatt.   The only 2 I recognize are frys which there is one towards Atlanta and Kroger, which used to have stores here.

Yeah, I am kinda shocked that there's not a single Kroger in Chatty. Not sure why they are totally avoiding the market. It's not like the supply trucks for Knoxville don't come from Atlanta anyway.

Yeah, I am kinda shocked that there's not a single Kroger in Chatty. Not sure why they are totally avoiding the market.

Kroger was dominant Chatt grocery chain when it was there. Goes back to nationwide union negotiation in late '80s. Nooga employees went on strike in '89 and Kroger simply sold all the stores rather than knuckle under.

Sold them pretty much overnight to Red Foods (Bi-Lo later bought them). Nooga is only metro area in the state in which they have no presence --  I suppose they're never seen it viable to buy back in down there from scratch to start over.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I am only around as backup when we shop.

Same here... and my wife is a way better shot with a compact pistol than myself. I've got the edge on her with longarms, but with a pistol I don't worry one iota about her being able to hit her target pretty much at will.

Did I mention that I always do my best to stay on her "good side?" :cool:

Edited by tartanphantom