Thompson Center Contender

dlmeadows

I have a stainless Contender with a Super 14" 30-30 barrel that I use for deer season. It's a great shooter.
I use a 10" 222 Rem barrel for groundhogs.
A 10" .22lr barrel for goofing off. I have a few other barrels that see seldom use anymore.

The Contender is a great handgun. Get it. You won't be disappointed

Great guns.  The 7-30 waters is a good deer gun.

An across the chest bandoleer holster and a walking stick with a v notch top is a great way to still hunt thick woods.  That is how I used to hunt with my 30-30 contender.

Edited by KahrMan
My Dad has 3 with Leupold pistol scopes on them.

They shoot great and look as good as the day he bought them. I have no clue how old they are, but he's had them as far back as I can remember.

I've shot the 45 Colt and .44 mag versions he has and if single shot contenders are a-OK with you, then you will likely love the TC. :up:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.