Another black eye for justice

DaveTN

I have never heard of anything like this. These two men best not forget who they work for. I predict a new Director of the TBI, and probably a new DA in the next election. When childish arguments cause the pulling of resources we pay for; something as gone very wrong.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27651241/tbi-pulls-support-from-24th-district-after-argument-with-da

Good Lord. Biggest hissy fit since the "we want to eat road kill" bill.  Except that this one actually has ramifications. My Tennessee, sometimes I can only sigh.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I think those guys need a lesson on conflict resolution from my 1st grader.

I’m sure that right now the State AG (parents of the DA) and the Governor (parents of the Director of the TBI) are shaking their heads in disbelief while preparing to scold their kids.

My guess is that it's a political move by Gwyn... Gwyn was appointed by Bredesen, who evidently saw to it that partisan politics were, indeed, a part of the TBI...  This one will be interestin to watch... An appointed "public servant" callin out a duly elected DA looks like a real bad move to me; from a bunch of directions.... My guess is that Gwyn has no authority to do what he threatened to do...

leroy

• Like 2

My guess is that it's a political move by Gwyn... Gwyn was appointed by Bredesen, who evidently saw to it that partisan politics were, indeed, a part of the TBI...  This one will be interestin to watch... An appointed "public servant" callin out a duly elected DA looks like a real bad move to me; from a bunch of directions.... My guess is that Gwyn has no authority to do what he threatened to do...

leroy

I had the same thought.... can he legally withhold services to a specific area?  It's a taxpayer funded government entity.  How is that within his authority?  Clearly its not the most ethical thing to do, but they are politicians...

I don't know how the inner workings of a case like this works, nor do I know how the DA and TBI interact beyond presentation of the facts of the investigation and prepping for testimony questions. For these 2 to get this spun up, I wonder if the DA has decided not to use some evidence Gwyn thinks is important or something like that.

The report on 4 News says that he was honoring the request to withdraw services. Looks like it's going to be another he said/he said thing that the defense is going to relish in.

"honoring the request to withdraw services" ...   I imagine that was something like ..." well if you f'ing f's can't f'ing get this done any f'ing faster than that without f'ing it up 10 times along the f'ing way, I'll go find someone who f'ing will!" 

It's a shame there's not video of that "discussion".  I bet it'd be the next youtube sensation.   :rofl:

I don't know how the inner workings of a case like this works, nor do I know how the DA and TBI interact beyond presentation of the facts of the investigation and prepping for testimony questions. For these 2 to get this spun up, I wonder if the DA has decided not to use some evidence Gwyn thinks is important or something like that.

Probably, but the TBI gathers info and the DA directs how that info is used. Best learn their places.

Word on the street is the DA is responsible for this. The TBI can't investigate local crimes unless requested and if the DA boots them they just attend to their own matters in that area. But I'm sure the DA was put in his place and that is why the special prosecutor was requested.

Word on the street is the DA is responsible for this. The TBI can't investigate local crimes unless requested and if the DA boots them they just attend to their own matters in that area. But I'm sure the DA was put in his place and that is why the special prosecutor was requested.

But, the TBI pulled services in 5 counties??? From the spectator seats, it looks like the TBI director may get his pee pee whacked really hard. I reckon there's a trascript of the meeting, right?

Must be some serious butt-hurt involved to make a grown-a$$ man act like a 8 yr old. Stowe is a politician, so I'm not surprised he looks the least crazy in this scenario.

The problem here is that you are throwing the term "man" around too loosely.  If he were a real man he would be putting the needs of the people that he "serves" first instead of denying them services to feed his own agenda.  A real man puts those who depend on him first and himself second.

It's five counties because that makes up the 24th judicial district. The DA is the DA for the five counties/24th judicial district. It's being resolved but the DA started off wrong and probably made some enemies. I would want the TBI involved in a murder investigation I have met a few TBI agents during my time and they were great investigators.

But, the TBI pulled services in 5 counties??? From the spectator seats, it looks like the TBI director may get his pee pee whacked really hard. I reckon there's a trascript of the meeting, right?

I would think a transcript could be needed. It's quite possible the director is deliberately interpreting something the DA said more literally than was meant. Like Peejman says, "If you can't do it right, **** off" or something and wording his letter as if it was an official request. The way it's written has the stink of passive-aggressive about it. Edited by tnguy