Maryland police stopping out of state motorists to search for firearms

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/12/31/gun-owners-say-this-states-police-are-targeting-out-of-state-gun-owners-for-random-searches/#!

According to a new report from The Washington Times, Maryland police officers have been stopping out-of-state motorists to thoroughly search their vehicles to see if these out-of-staters brought a gun into the anti-Second Amendment state.

Edited by waynesan

I had family that lived in Maryland and when they passed all those laws they put their homes up for sale and moved south. Two families came to Kentucky and one moved to Extreme southern Indiana close to the ones in Kentucky. They absolutely refused to live in what one of them referred to a Hitler State................. :up: :usa:

• Like 3

I was born, raised in western MD. Still have some family there but I will not go back for those reasons.  Sad part is, the western part of MD is conservative, Gods, country.  Just a couple counties around Baltimore and Annapolis have too many crazies. 

What does it being their state have anything to do with unlawfully searching vehicles with no probable cause or warrant? If they have cause to search, get the warrant. If not, they are violating privacy rights and harrassing otherwise law abiding citizens....
  • Moderators

What does it being their state have anything to do with unlawfully searching vehicles with no probable cause or warrant? If they have cause to search, get the warrant. If not, they are violating privacy rights and harrassing otherwise law abiding citizens....

All true. And none of that will change one whit unless the people of Maryland do something about it. Whether by making their desires known to their legislators (ha!) or through more direct and forceful means against those doing the violating. You and I sitting here in TN aren't going to do a thing to make a meaningful difference. So I choose to exercise right to make a good choice to stay the hell away from there. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 4

I believe that's illegal, if anyone cares.

Travelers complying with "safe passage" provision of FOPA are also federally protected from confiscation or charges.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm from the eastern shore originally, family moved here when I was a kid.... My mom and a bunch of family still live up there. The general population is not in line with their laws, a lot of sportsman up there... They're just too tightly tied to DC. Sucks.

They're not kidding about the cameras and monitoring though... Every patrol car, cameras along all the highways.... It's definitely a police state in that neck of the woods.

If you have to travel through the communist state of Maryland, Just comply with the "Interstate transportation of firearms  act and you should be ok.

Keep your gun in a locked box in the trunk or in your camper.

They are a bunch of gun grabbing commies but hey, Maryland is a small state.

You cold always go around it. West Va., Va. and Pa are gun friendly.  :pleased:

• 2 weeks later...

If you have to travel through the communist state of Maryland, Just comply with the "Interstate transportation of firearms act and you should be ok.
Keep your gun in a locked box in the trunk or in your camper.
They are a bunch of gun grabbing commies but hey, Maryland is a small state.
You cold always go around it. West Va., Va. and Pa are gun friendly. :pleased:

Last trip up 81 I had to pass through Hagerstown. Like someone else posted, west end isn't that bad and not near as pro-lib-tard. However, I had heard they were profiling for concealed weapons so I done what I could and placed my mags in a "safe place" for the ride through. I've carried through for 15 years and this was the first time I was actually concerned.