Oklahoma Run N Gun 10K Centerfire Biathlon, 1/17/15

I wanted to post this here to try and talk more Tennesseeans to try this next time -

I ran 101.6 miles in 6 weeks while training for this event - 34.7 miles of which was with 40 lbs of gear on. 11 hour drive to get there. 90 competitors.

8th place finish - worth every drop of sweat and penny spent!

I cannot say enough good things about how well this match was run or the people who put it on. If you have any interest in this kind of thing you owe it to yourself to go!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gng109EIYiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1

Hmmm - can't seem to embed video here.  Here's the link:  (Problematic video removed - please see new post below)

It's HD and won't run in Firefox for some reason, but it's only 2 minutes long so it doesn't take long to watch.  My total run time was just under 2 hours.

And just because everyone always asks about what I screwed up:

In one stage I misunderstood the course of fire and shot pistol targets with my rifle, which cost me about 30 seconds and the RO's a small panic attack while they yelled at me to stop and pointed out the correct targets off hiding in the woods line.

In the last stage I'm not sure if I was just spent or if it was the 20+mph winds blowing me and the bullet around, but it gave me fits getting all my hits at 150-220yds and I just BARELY finished before timing out (3 minute max time or you DQ the stage).

I was then futzing with my gear and flustered from my performance and managed to miss the turn back to the house and the finish line, adding a good several minutes to my run time before I figured out I was going the wrong way, turned around, and ran all the way back to the turn.

The worst part is that when running UP the hill before shooting the stage I saw a guy miss that very same turn, and made a mental note NOT to do the same thing. So much for my mental notes...

Good times!

Edited by Matt in TN

Let's try this again, but this time with a video that works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZQDEYvT1I&feature=youtu.be

Damn!!! Again, Congratulations on finishing and finishing high. I would have passed out after the first run...if not before. 

Total score was half based on your run time, and half based on your shooting time.  You shot until you hit all the targets at each stage, or ran out of time (3 minute limit).  Running out of time meant a DQ for the stage.  No penalty for misses, except depleting the only ammo you're carrying.  Several people ran out of ammo before finishing.