Kalashnikov USA

wewoapsiak

150120171314-kalashnikov-gun-show-620xa.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/news/kalashnikov-made-in-usa/

Something I didn't expect to see during shot show, apparently Kalashnikov is going to get around that pesky little import ban and start making rifles here in the US.

According to AK Operators Union "AK News BOMB!!!! Kalashnikov concern is in process of opening production here in USA. If everything will go well, we will see first, made in USA Kalashnikov Concern AKs later this year!!! All calibers will be produced, including Saiga 9 in 9mm."

Fingers crossed nobody screws this up, more competition hopefully means lower prices on the toys I want to buy.
Edited by wewoapsiak
  • Like 10

I want to see the reviews and I bet their will be a bit pricy being new.

BTW, it said he was looking for a place to make them and hire people

Maybe tell him to bring them to TN.  We could use more jobs and local guns.

Edited by vontar

From all I have read the Century Arms 100% US made AK, the C39V2, is actually a really good gun. Version 1 was also a good gun but some of the parts were not made to the AK standard so they went with a newer version that accepts standard AK parts.

Never thought I would hear US made is a bad thing, especially weapons because we are no doubt the #1 gun producing country in the world. I am not talking sheer numbers but the variety so I would think if anyone can make a quality AK, and possibly improve upon it, it would be the United States. I suspect we are also the #1 producer but not 100% positive on that.

• Like 1

I want to see the reviews and I bet their will be a bit pricy being new.

BTW, it said he was looking for a place to make them and hire people

Maybe tell him to bring them to TN.  We could use more jobs and local guns.

Look at the Century C39, it is hardly pricey for what it is. I cannot think of any milled receiver AKs that are in the same price range and similar quality.

• Like 1

From all I have read the Century Arms 100% US made AK, the C39V2, is actually a really good gun. Version 1 was also a good gun but some of the parts were not made to the AK standard so they went with a newer version that accepts standard AK parts.

Never thought I would hear US made is a bad thing, especially weapons because we are no doubt the #1 gun producing country in the world. I am not talking sheer numbers but the variety so I would think if anyone can make a quality AK, and possibly improve upon it, it would be the United States. I suspect we are also the #1 producer but not 100% positive on that.

I haven't shot one, but I have handled a couple at Cabelas, both the V1 and V2. They are solid and I wouldn't be ashamed to own one.

• 2 weeks later...

American made is good. I doubt they can use the company name without permission; so I assume they have it. I also doubt the Feds will allow it if profits go back to Russia. But they may if the sanctions were merely grandstanding.

The AK fires all the time because the tolerances are engineered for functionality; not accuracy. It won’t be a hard weapon to make. Its saving grace is it’s a 30 caliber; a weak 30 caliber compared to other 30 caliber rounds but still a 30. But even with its limited accuracy it is a devastating close quarter’s weapon; much better than a .223.

In this country we have 308 AR’s to fill the role of this rifle plus ours has long range capabilities. I don’t see this being a popular seller unless they are cheap. But I could be wrong I would have never dreamed people would pay $700/$800 for an AK. biggrin.gif

Tennessee has plenty of stamping houses; get the work here.

I had an AR before I traded it for the AK I have now. I love how the AK functions, and I agree with cleaning it too. This is coming from the guy who just finished his AR Pistol. I really want an AK pistol but with the sig brace issues I don't know if I will do it. I'm trying to decide if I want to just go ahead and get a trust set up and stamp a SBR AK. 

I would love to get a 74 for the wife but don't want to have to deal with the ammo issues.

What ammo issues?

5.45x39 is not banned and is available from Wolf/Tula as brand new ammunition.

The only thing that is banned from import is 7N6 but who would want to shoot it anyways. It is corrosive and more expensive than new ammunition. I know I would not buy it even if it was WAY cheaper than commercial ammunition. Commercial 5.45x39 is within a few dollars per thousand of 7.62x39.

But if you are really against 5.45x39 there are plenty of 5.56 AKs on the market. And they are the same price as any other caliber.

What ammo issues?

5.45x39 is not banned and is available from Wolf/Tula as brand new ammunition.

The only thing that is banned from import is 7N6 but who would want to shoot it anyways. It is corrosive and more expensive than new ammunition. I know I would not buy it even if it was WAY cheaper than commercial ammunition. Commercial 5.45x39 is within a few dollars per thousand of 7.62x39.

But if you are really against 5.45x39 there are plenty of 5.56 AKs on the market. And they are the same price as any other caliber.

You are correct sir, I looked into it and it's priced pretty close. I'm dumb :) I really like the 5.45 round, might have to look into making my next purchase a 74. 

Is it bad I want a Polish Tantal, cheap price and my family is from Poland. 

Edited by XxthejuicexX