My Christmas present - then and now!!

MPGlock

So, my in - laws and wife this year got me a Remmy 700 AAC-SD in 308. The first pic is how it started life, the 2nd is the finished product. This is my new BABY!!!!

How she started life - 

IMG_0881_zps2e549047.jpg

The finished product!!!!!!

IMG_08902_zps1d53da2e.jpg

• Like 1

well, my story is similar.  we both did the best thing we could for that rifle............get it out of that factory stock!

i put mine in a KRG X-Ray Chassis and am currently working up some 185g Berger loads for it.

enjoy it!

Yeah, that factory stock was BS. You couldn't let air touch the gun without causing the forend to touch the barrel. Very jealous of the X-ray. I was looking at those when I got the bolt lift from KRG, but the wife would kill me if I spent that after I bought the scope that's sitting on top. Let me know how the loads work out for you. Interested in working something up.

Very nice! :up:

I'm wanting to do an affordable .308 tactical for myself and a 30-06 for my father (he just can't have any rifle caliber but 30-06 because the marines ruined him lol). 

How much you got it it, minus the scope, and bipod?

Minus the scope and bipod, here is the breakdown:

Rifle: Remington 700 AAC-SD - $647 (got it from Buds. A lot of people say they have problems with them, but I never have)

Stock: Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2 in OD green Web - $267

Evolution Gun Works 20MOA rail - $39

Burris Xtreme 30mm rings $55

KRG Bolt Lift - $28

Total: $1036

• Like 1

If you're looking for a stock that won't break the bank that fits like a glove, that's the B&C Tactical Medalist style 2. $267 shipped from Stocky's

That's what I want to go with but for the past year or so I've had this illness that's prevented me from getting one. Maybe you've heard of it, black rifle disease? Yep, I've got it lol Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1

That's what I want to go with but for the past year or so I've had this illness that's prevented me from getting one. Maybe you've heard of it, black rifle disease? Yep, I've got it lol

I hear ya, had a touch that myself a year or so ago!

Minus the scope and bipod, here is the breakdown:

Rifle: Remington 700 AAC-SD - $647 (got it from Buds. A lot of people say they have problems with them, but I never have)
Stock: Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist Style 2 in OD green Web - $267
Evolution Gun Works 20MOA rail - $39
Burris Xtreme 30mm rings $55
KRG Bolt Lift - $28

Total: $1036

Not bad at all. :up:
Looks good! I still have the original stock on my 700 AC-SD. I've never really fully tested its abilities though. The furthest I've taken it out to so far is 400 yards. What scope do you have on it?
Looks like a Vortex Viper. Edited by satalac

Have you shot it at all, to see what the before and after accuracy change was?

Honestly, never even shot it with the factory stock. Had a buddy's that I had shot before and it was pretty bad (sometimes 1 inch groups, sometimes 3). With 168gr Federal GMM it is doing consist 1/2 to 3/4 inch in the new stock. Biggest change was the recoil. Not that a 308 is that bad to begin with, but with the B&C, heck I think my AR kicks harder.

Looks good! I still have the original stock on my 700 AC-SD. I've never really fully tested its abilities though. The furthest I've taken it out to so far is 400 yards. What scope do you have on it?
Looks like a Vortex Viper.

You are correct sir. It is the Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50. It is the SFP version with illum reticle. Pretty sweet scope for the money. Glass is crystal clear!