Target Stands - Terget Meister

I've had mine for some years now, very good product.

https://targetmeister.com/store/target_stands

One thing they don't show is that the end caps on the legs can be removed and furring strips slid through them for additional stability.  The lower cross piece can extend out both sides and secured to the ground also, making this portable stand very wind resistant.  I carry mind around with furring strips and stakes in an old folding cordura chair bag.  You will also note that you can make this pretty wide or as tall as you like. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use pressure treated 2x4s, formed into an "H" with slots for 1x1 uprights.  It stands on it's own and only the 1x1s need replacing every once in awhile.  I leave them out where I shoot, three years so far.  I like the metal stands, but then I would have to store them.

I worked many years ago, for a company that leased warehousing space to the company that did the folding frame stands for roadway work signs.

It is an x-frame, folding leg bottom with a single center upright that is a hollow square tube to accept the different sings that can be placed on the roads...caution, road work ahead, etc. 

I got one of them that was damaged in transit and the tube was bent enough that the shaft of the sign board wouldn't fit.

I make cheap wood frames to hold whatever size target I want, and use a furring strip to insert into the lower frame, and attach the target frame to it with several screws.

The legs fold out to about 2 feet each, so it makes for quite a stable platform.

Edited by hipower

Made two sets from 2x4s in an "H" shape, with a small piece of PVC pipe cut and placed into each internal "corner" and held in place with a short piece of pipe strapping.  Pipe diameter will just accommodate a piece of 1x2.  Glued another piece of PVC inside the holders so that the 1x2 won't fall through if I pick it up to move it, but remains open so water/sand/dirt/small gravel can escape easily.  Easy to take down, transport and store - just leaves the 2x4 "H" and the separate uprights, which I buy in 6' bundles.

Very stable in wind or on uneven ground.  Wife loves them, as they are very easy for her to take and use when she goes target practice without me... :(

Edited by GKar