.45 ACP pistols you wished you kept

tercel89

Have you ever had a .45 ACP that you wished you kept ? I had a Stoeger Cougar full size .45 ACP and it was one of the best and most accurate pistols in .45 ACP that I ever had ! It was more reliable and accurate than a Sig  P220 . Man I miss that gun. I got on a kick where I got rid of the guns that I had that had too many springs and levers and all. I like pistols like a Glock to where there is very few parts and very few things to go wrong . I still don't like guns with lots of moving parts but that Stoeger Cougar was AWESOME ! 

Here's my Cougar with my buddy Burley . 

[url=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/001-4.jpg.html]001-4.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89
A S&W, full size 1911 (2004 production) that actually belonged to a close friend that needed me to sell it. I had shot it several times while he owned it and watched many others shoot it without failures. It was a pretty stainless gun; it resembled the newer SR1911. He needed money really bad, and I think that I sold it for $550 in 2010 on Thanksgiving.

Otherwise, I am not a 1911 or even a 45acp fan.

Believe it or not a Star PD. Alloy frame, no friggin' grip safety and one of the smoothest single action GM type pistols I've ever shot. PIA because of the proprietary magazines it used and the small plastic guiderod buffer it required about every 1000 rounds...I shot it a lot...and carried it a lot. I sold it in the late 90's...so no pic.

rep pic: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=469804060

I've since "gone Glock" and 9mm...but it was a nice little gun. :pleased:

• Like 3

Believe it or not a Star PD. Alloy frame, no friggin' grip safety and one of the smoothest single action GM type pistols I've ever shot. PIA because of the proprietary magazines it used and the small plastic guiderod buffer it required about every 1000 rounds...I shot it a lot...and carried it a lot. I sold it in the late 90's...so no pic.

rep pic: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=469804060

I've since "gone Glock" and 9mm...but it was a nice little gun. :pleased:

Stars are nice !

Semi Customized.45 ACP Series 70 Colt Combat Commander that was stolen. If you ever see one in blued steel, with Millet fixed sights, beavertail safety and long trigger have it checked through NCIC, I'd like to get it back....I'd also like about 45 minutes alone with whoever stole it too...

• Like 1