Firearms issue bills for this session.

WM - that's the one with a fiscal note now attached (by TDEC), correct?  Therein may lie the answer...CV Sub can't be criticized for holding it up as it dances its merry way to death in Finance.  Elegant plan - covers a lot of a***s.   Of which the "supermajority" seems to be teeming...

Heard from a friend on the Hill today, Haslam has the minions out letting folks know that he and his'n are opposing Constitutional Carry, and that we might as well pack up and trundle off back to the house...

Yep. He said he'd sign it if it got to his desk, so he ain't lying if it just doesn't get there, as usual.

- OS

In the House, Civil Justice Sub Committee will be hearing all firearms & ammunition related bills on March 11th at 3:00pm in Room 31.

The better to kill them all my dear...

Edit: What time would us little people need to be there to get a good seat? :) 

Edited by JohnC

Heard from a friend on the Hill today, Haslam has the minions out letting folks know that he and his'n are opposing Constitutional Carry, and that we might as well pack up and trundle off back to the house...

Double face palm and false surprised voice: I'M SHOCKED!!!  LOL  Not really.  Haslam could give a rats potoot about the 2nd Amendment.  He's a closet Bloomberg Butt Kisser. 

As an non-resident who doesn't get to vote, I get the impression that there are a few key people who derail your/our gun rights.  Haslam seems to be one; who are the others?

Beth Harwell is the Grand Pooba of the Phony 2A Supporter Crowd.  Pisses me off when I see her "Pro Second Amendment" Ad appear on my Facebook page.

Its been interesting.  Several lesser bills made it through.  Kelsey's school parking lot bill passed, but faces a hard road - Overbey gonna sell that on out, it seems.  Greens bill removing the park/school function trap passed out to Calendar.  Stevens park bill is being discussed now - 3 hours 15 minutes in - LEOs are gonna sell this one out.  Harris is basically portraying Memphis an an unlawful cesspool (well, he has a point) - saying allowing possession in parks or on property "used" by schools is likely to result in mass cancellation of high school sporting events..  Nicely was ill-prepared and unimpressive.  Damned sideshow - monkeys on footballs...

Committee passed it, it goes on to Calendar Committee to have a date set to come to the floor.  For those who missed it, look here

Overbey voted against the parks bill, passed on a couple of others.  Like a good little Haslamite should...

I can't help but feel like a few of these votes were more for show - almost as if they know the end will come somewhere else.  Wonder where that could be?  Would the 11th hour, 59th minute appearance of a $1.2 million fiscal note be a clue?

Edited by GKar

Only going to hear one gun bill today if I heard correctly, everything "rolled" to last calendar is dead,  Beavers rolled her bills 3 weeks, will take some time tomorrow to figure out, but I will report back as soon as the smoke clears.

This mean tomorrow would be a wash?

Coley arranged for HB 0173 to be killed by a lack of a second...this after its companion Senate bill successfully the Sen Jud Committee.  Coley, Lundberg, Carter, Wilburn - spineless frickin' Haslam trolls

Made Goins roll his bill to the heel, and it had no fiscal note, so that means finance can kill the other one and we are done for another year.

I've been swamped and not been able to follow this. Can you give some detail to what happened? 

The weight of the GA came down on his shoulders, and he was forced to kill his own bill, again this year.

Of course he could resurrect it, but I am not putting any money on that happening.

Witha fiscal note the current running bill will be put behind the bidget in finance, stick a fork in it.

Edited by Worriedman

NRA needs to put more pressure on these folks.  I have not seen very many gun rights improved with this R super majority in the legislature the past few years.  If they want the NRA support, they should pass bills that the NRA supports.

I mean the NRA couldn't even put enough pressure these guys to fix the park problem?  That is an easy one compared to some of the other bills.  Then you have the whole goofy school event deal where a school group can be anywhere and you carrying and then charged with a felony.  I am a little surprised that the NRA could not have a lobbyist at the Senate hearing yesterday and the House hearing today while the governor's department directors were there to testify against bills.

The NRA should have been able to get a few things by having the convention in Nashville.  If the state politicians wouldn't agree to make those fixes, the NRA shouldn't have paid the money to Nashville to use their facilities.

Edited by 300winmag

As I said earlier, just watch the discussion of SB 1239 at the 2:50:00 mark of yesterday's Sen Jud Cmte, and you will see the non-effect of NRA's TN State Liason Erin Looper.  She didn't even have the cognizance to answer the committee's questions: she could only recite the script she walked in the door with.  Apparently, the NRA doesn't give a s**t about what happens in TN if that ditzo is the only thing they will offer as support.

Vid link here

Edited by GKar