ZQI SS109 and regular .223 ammunition at Wally World

Have been doing a little reading around the web on the availability of .223 ammo. Some folks can`t find it in 55 gr. or the green tip.

Was pleasantly surprised tonight when I stopped by a local Wally World to look around at the availability of ammunition that was on the shelves.

Plenty available.

All other common calibers were available and no one had come in to buy EVERYTHING.

Figured the shelves would be dry but I was wrong.

Still no .22LR! LOL!

I am not sure if maybe more folks around here actually know what is going on or the word hasn`t spread yet of a possible ban on the SS109 tip ammo.

Anyway, took a look around and walked on out.

Didn`t buy anything.

Although............that 30-30 ammo did tease my wallet!

:)

Best part of my trip, was an older gentleman who was knowledgeable speaking with another fellow in front of the ammo case.

He ACTUALLY knew what was going on with the ATF and other current events in DC.

I didn`t hear any non-sense of O`Lawd, they gonna` ban EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUY! BUY! BUY!!!!!!!!!

Something else, he even told me that he bought a pellet rifle in .22 caliber a few years back. Still used it.

I told him that I dumped my .22 stuff after SH and now I can shoot my new airgun anywhere and anytime. "Ammo" availability isn`t a problem either. Nor are the neighbors when I have fun in the backyard. :) Edited by TN Volunteer
Oh I think the word is spreading on line about the M885 possible ban. Lots of newspaper articles and editorials. The .223 and 5.56 is drying up on line also. I have not been to a Wally World in months and haven't bought ammo there in years. Am I worried? Nope! Having seen so many of these proposed bans and ammo scares come and go I just don't respond to it anymore. And yes I too have a couple air guns! Airgun pellets are still cheap!
Stopped by an army surplus store looking for a bag and the lady at the counter asked what I thought about the ban on .223...

She just happened to have some wolf steel put back just in case anyone wanted some. I figured this was a teachable moment so I politely explained what was really going on. I don't think she bought it and neither did the other 2 folks in line. The tin foil was wrapped pretty tightly.

Her prices were inline with most others I've seen in the last few months so she wasn't trying to gouge anyone. I just hate the misinformed opinions floating around.
  • Like 1

Oh I think the word is spreading on line about the M885 possible ban. Lots of newspaper articles and editorials. The .223 and 5.56 is drying up on line also. I have not been to a Wally World in months and haven't bought ammo there in years. Am I worried? Nope! Having seen so many of these proposed bans and ammo scares come and go I just don't respond to it anymore. And yes I too have a couple air guns! Airgun pellets are still cheap!

A lot of folks are freaking. M855 doesn`t even shoot as well as other cheaper ammo. I have punched holes in 1/4" mild steel at ( not gonna` say how close range ) with just lead core ammo.

I too, don`t respond to panic mode or go ape shtuff anymore.

A lot of better rounds out there that are just "Plain Jane" and are more accurate too at the longer distances.

I have enjoyed my pellet rifle so far.

I can always get ammo for it and it is cheap to "shoot". LOL!

Sure does knock varmints for a loop when it hits one.

:) Edited by TN Volunteer
  • Like 1

Stopped by an army surplus store looking for a bag and the lady at the counter asked what I thought about the ban on .223...
She just happened to have some wolf steel put back just in case anyone wanted some. I figured this was a teachable moment so I politely explained what was really going on. I don't think she bought it and neither did the other 2 folks in line. The tin foil was wrapped pretty tightly.
Her prices were inline with most others I've seen in the last few months so she wasn't trying to gouge anyone. I just hate the misinformed opinions floating around.

Lot of mis-informed folks out there with a computer who don`t want to at least look up info on a hot topic such as this.

You can lead a horse to water but.................

You tried.
:)
I have friends that called me to tell me that Obama was banning ALL 223/5.56 by executive order. I tried to educate them about the BATFE M855 proposal, but they were adamant that it was different. A lot of people are freaking over misinformation and rumor. Crazy
I am going back tomorrow and see if anything has changed from Friday.

I MIGHT...MIGHT......

buy me a box of soon to be banned 30-30 ammo.

Ya` know, it is a rifle cartridge and the gubment is banning everything. EVERYTHING.

Buy! BUY! BUY!

I heard about that fact from my brother in laws` cousin with a sister twice removed 3rd distant relative that had connections to a Walmart ammo counter attendant that was special OPs in the Boy Scout popcorn sales department. I KNOW this has to be fact. It has to be.........

I have friends that called me to tell me that Obama was banning ALL 223/5.56 by executive order. I tried to educate them about the BATFE M855 proposal, but they were adamant that it was different. A lot of people are freaking over misinformation and rumor. Crazy

I just wish that people would take a little time and research something before they go off half cocked and locked.

We are our own worst enemy.

While I don`t want to see M855 unavailable to the public,

I don`t want folks spreading unfounded and baseless misinformation making the situation worse.
  • Like 1
Dropped back by my local Wally World today.

ZQI M855 is still there.

Some other of the .223 lead core stuff was gone.

Plenty of other common caliber ammo.

No .22LR still.......

Talked with another fellow in front of the ammo case. He thought that the M855 was banned. Didn`t know that it had not been yet. We talked for awhile and then I headed on out. Still think I should have bought a box of 30-30. Didn`t. LOL!
  • Like 1
To me the issue isn't M855 staying available. Heck I've used it in Baghdad, not very effective as ammo goes. Better than none I guess.
I don't mind having it as cheap plinking ammo (I have 14 mags loaded up at the moment).

Here is the issue. The BATFE is writing something into LAW without basing it on facts or preexisting statutes.

Worse yet they are bypassing the only people authorized by the constitution to write laws, the legislative branch.

Is that the definition of an enemy to the Constitution?
  • Like 1
the United States Army - Army ValuesMenu

Oath of Enlistment

Oath of EnlistmentDownload PosterOath of EnlistmentDownload PDF

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

To me the issue isn't M855 staying available. Heck I've used it in Baghdad, not very effective as ammo goes.

Heard the same from somone else that was in the military. Was told the ammo wasn`t very good in Somalia as it would overpenetrate.

Edited by TN Volunteer