Rangemaster Intensive Pistol Skills Franklin TN May 9

Just a heads up on an excellent training opportunity in middle Tennessee in May. My friend Tom Givens will be offering a 1 day Intensive Pistol Skills class in the Nashville/ Franklin area on May 9 !!!!  

Intensive Pistol Skills

One Day Training

Primary Instructor – Tom Givens

Place:           Nashville/Franklin,TN,  area

Time:            9am – 6pm

Date:            May 9, 2015

Saturday

Rounds:        400-500

Price:             $225.00

Intensive Pistol Skills is an extensive work-out of the essential skills involved in self-defense with a handgun. Topics covered include presentation from the concealed carry holster; accurate shooting at high speed; fast, reliable reloading techniques; one handed shooting; malfunction remedies; and much more. Students will fire approximately 400-500 rounds.

Directions to the range, detailed

equipment list and other info will be

sent to registered students prior to

class date. To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intensive-pistol-skills-franklin-tn-tickets-15014727454  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input, Jacob. I read a lot of positive stuff about Rangemaster online too, so I went ahead and registered. Tried to talk a couple friends into going with me, but they didn't wanna spring for the $225 bucks. So, I'll go it alone.

Looking forward to getting some proper instruction.

You won't regret it. Tom is a first class instructor. I took a tactical pistol class at his range here in Memphis a few years ago. It was well worth the price.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Tom is not always Mr. Warm and Fuzzy, but he knows guncraft! I drove to Memphis, twice, to study shotgun operations at Rangemaster and was glad for the opportunity. It's even better when he's closer to home. I may try and make this class.

Tom runs excellent training classes.  If you suck at something he says so , not to run anyone down but to let them know so they can improve.  It is all handled in a professional way and his courses are one of the better deals in training classes.  $225 is not bad for what is offered.

I think Tom sends that when you sign up.....the range is somewhat "remote" and the class will caravan to the range from a meeting place.......

The range is on private property and somewhat remote. To simplify matters, we will all meet at one location and convoy to the range together. We will meet at 8:15 AM  at the church located at

3279 Southall Rd, Franklin, TN, 37064

We will not be leaving the range for lunch. Please be sure to bring a cooler with drinks, snacks and lunch. Bring plenty to drink, to avoid dehydration.

Class went just as I expected it would...A "no BS", straight forward presentation on civilian pistol skills at the likely engagement distances for armed citizens.  The drills were relevant and required not only quick hits on target but something that some folks tend to forget about ...quick ACCURATE hits. Fast misses rarely have any effect and fast peripheral hits rarely have the fast fight stopping effect you need when a guy is 3 steps from you trying to kill you...... This class was an excellent tune up for for both the newer shooter and the more experienced .  

• Like 2