Letter from Lamar...Did anyone else get this about M855

Thanks very much for getting in touch with me and letting me know what’s on your mind regarding the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' (ATF) efforts to restrict certain types of ammunition.

Since 1986, federal law has prohibited the import, manufacture, and distribution of “armor piercing ammunition.” However, the Attorney General is allowed to exempt specific ammunition from such a prohibition if the Attorney General determines the ammunition is “primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes.” That policy has been working well for the past 29 years.

On February 13, 2015, the ATF announced that it had developed a new proposed framework that would determine which ammunition qualifies for this “sporting purpose” exemption.

When I heard about this proposal, I was concerned that this new framework would put unnecessary restrictions on the purchase of ammunition that has long been used by law-abiding citizens for sporting purposes. On March 9, 2015, I joined a letter with more than 50 of my colleagues in the Senate, led by Judiciary Chairman Senator Chuck Grassley, to express opposition to the ATF's proposal.

The following day, ATF agreed to pull the proposed framework. I am pleased that the ATF listened to concerns raised by my colleagues and I along with hundreds of thousands of law-abiding citizens and announced that it would not finalize this proposal.

I’m a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights and I received an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association in their most recent ranking of my voting record. Congress should strongly defend our right to keep and bear arms, not pass laws that take away these rights from law abiding citizens and leave criminals to terrorize the streets. Good citizens don’t abuse guns – criminals do. I will continue fighting to protect the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans, and oppose efforts to overturn the Second Amendment.

I am grateful you took the time to let me know where you stand. I’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind as Second Amendment rights are discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee.

Sincerely,
Lamar

yes I got the same letter.  I wrote (email) all of my reps, but coker did not respond.  I also wrote my reps in ga since I own land and pay a very high tax for the land.  they all wrote me back with their support.  so come on "bob" where do you stand.

The king of form letters. Funny how it didn't show up til after the ATF made their announcement and I sent my letter to him 3 weeks ago. ATF didn't mention senate involvement but the did mention the more than 80,000 letters they received from citizens.
  • Like 2

yes I got the same letter. I wrote (email) all of my reps, but coker did not respond. I also wrote my reps in ga since I own land and pay a very high tax for the land. they all wrote me back with their support. so come on "bob" where do you stand.

I received a response from Corker which seemed to more of a pat on back for himself but a response none the less. Edited by wcd

he signed on when it was obvious the new regulation was a non starter.

BATFE was backing away when he signed on.  He did not change anyone's mind

Dude is a joke and anyone who voted for him ought to be ashamed.

• Like 6

2A was about being able to shoot at gov't officials..

If they had to duck to run out of the capitol building they might have a different attitude.

See that is what I mean and Mike hits it out of the park with his answer. The politicians don't really know what the 2nd Amendment really stands for and they think it's all about hunting and such. Maybe they would take the time to actually read and comprehend it they might be able to reply to letters from folks like us with some type of intelligence................jmho

See that is what I mean and Mike hits it out of the park with his answer. The politicians don't really know what the 2nd Amendment really stands for and they think it's all about hunting and such. Maybe they would take the time to actually read and comprehend it they might be able to reply to letters from folks like us with some type of intelligence................jmho

Oh, THEY know exactly what the purpose of the Second Amendment is.  They simply want to convince everyone else that it is about hunting, etc. so that the real purpose - kicking their sorry butts out of office by force, if necessary - will never come in to play.  If they went by the real purpose of the 2A, not only would it be illegal to ban so-called 'military' type weapons that have 'no sporting purpose' but, indeed, those would be the most protected weapons of all.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

From our Declaration of Independence.

What recourse will you have when guv'mint ignores your voice and votes to exercise your right and duty to change guv'mint?

Perhaps those who believe "it will never happen here" are prepared for peaceful demonstrations, beatings and imprisonment to effect change.

Guv'mint knows exactly why the 2A exists, so they attack and undermine using feelings and emotions to divide the American public they "serve"
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

From our Declaration of Independence.

What recourse will you have when guv'mint ignores your voice and votes to exercise your right and duty to change guv'mint?

Perhaps those who believe "it will never happen here" are prepared for peaceful demonstrations, beatings and imprisonment to effect change.

[b]Guv'mint knows exactly why the 2A exists, so they attack and undermine using feelings and emotions to divide the American public they "serve"[/b]

Damn right.

2A was about being able to shoot at gov't officials..

If they had to duck to run out of the capitol building they might have a different attitude.

At least they wouldn't have to make up wild stories about dodging sniper fire.