Bee Season is coming!

That will scuff up the siding on the house, which is why you're killing the bees in the first place

You don't shoot them when the house is in the back ground. Get them when they fly high or away from the house! I live in the county and haven't much to worry about.

Dave

I still have some loaded from last year.  I use 357 Mag brass, a grain of whatever (Clays, last year), followed by a piece of gasket, then as much crushed walnut media as I can fit followed by more gasket.  Good to about 8 feet.  

Maroon asked about the wadding.  I use something like this from O'Reilly's.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-3157?seid=srese1&gclid=CPWPgqeFrsQCFQeRaQodaEgAsQ 

Just fold it over on itself about 4 or 5 times, and hammer a piece of decapped brass through it to cut that many disks at a time.  You can poke the disks out through the primer whole with a small allen wrench or something.

I use cardstock and hollow punches - 5/16 for the overpowder wad and 3/8 for overshot. Still using old walnut hull media for shot, 2 grains of Bullseye.

Not a recommended load, just what I use. I got nearly 50 bees last year.

My "primitive hunting" setup:

230395.jpg

Can't have a thread in this subforum without some wiseguy telling us how he is more primitive...  Rob should be along soon to show us how he kills carpenter bees by smacking them with a willow switch or some other method that I could only dream of being able to do.

• Like 1

Can't have a thread in this subforum without some wiseguy telling us how he is more primitive...  Rob should be along soon to show us how he kills carpenter bees by smacking them with a willow switch or some other method that I could only dream of being able to do.

He chases them down and slashes their throats with a little Bowie knife... Tarzan style :)

• Like 3