A picture worth a 1000 words...

It's really getting harder and harder to tell the Liberals from the Conservatives sometimes and it gets real confusing when people who's name are on a bill don't vote, or just concede the bill without a fight:

"....Then, in declaring the outcome of the votes on both measures Coley says, “The ‘noes’ have it, the bill fails.” However, according to the General Assembly’s website, Coley is listed on both bills, along with fellow committee member Jon Lundberg, as having abstained from the votes."

It's really getting harder and harder to tell the Liberals from the Conservatives sometimes and it gets real confusing when people who's name are on a bill don't vote, or just concede the bill without a fight:

"....Then, in declaring the outcome of the votes on both measures Coley says, “The ‘noes’ have it, the bill fails.” However, according to the General Assembly’s website, Coley is listed on both bills, along with fellow committee member Jon Lundberg, as having abstained from the votes."

These yahoo's are a loooong way from any kind of a conservative.

• Like 2

It's time for a house cleaning in Nashville.  Actually, it's long over due!  We have a year and a half to find and convince creditable 2A supporters to run against some of these intrenched Anti 2A Republicans in Nashville.  Surely we can find some that would be welling to run!!!

• Like 3

I am the furthest thing from a lawyer, but consider this:

They popped the whole legislature for Ghost voting, (remember, buddies covering buddies when one was out so they could draw their per diem, had them on tape for that one too) Madam Speaker was accosted by the "Press" and that fraud was forgotten in one news cycle.

When you hold the podium, you make the "Rules".

I well remember when the judge in my Father's case against the meth thugs that tried to "adversely possess"=steal his property, issued an order that my Father could not carry a firearm on his 26 acres until the case about who owned the property was complete, oh, and by the way, he so ordered that I could not either.  I challenged him as to the Constitutionality of that Order, and he explained to me that it was "his" court and he could do anything he wanted.  It did not work out well for him, by that is the mind set they all have.

Edited by Worriedman

I am the furthest thing from a lawyer, but consider this:

They popped the whole legislature for Ghost voting, (remember, buddies covering buddies when one was out so they could draw their per diem, had them on tape for that one too) Madam Speaker was accosted by the "Press" and that fraud was forgotten in one news cycle.

When you hold the podium, you make the "Rules".

I well remember when the judge in my Father's case against the meth thugs that tried to "adversely possess"=steal his property, issued an order that my Father could not carry a firearm on his 26 acres until the case about who owned the property was complete, oh, and by the way, he so ordered that I could not either.  I challenged him as to the Constitutionality of that Order, and he explained to me that it was "his" court and he could do anything he wanted.  It did not work out well for him, by that is the mind set they all have.

That sounds like an interesting story?  What happened to the Judge?

Thanks

Robert

No actually, I let the Sheriff and the Judge know that I would file charges against the Judge for "Official Oppression" that same day, had a friendly Legislator make the same call, (as it takes a legislator to file the charge), the "instrument" was rescinded post haste.

I watched the Duputy read the new order to the "neighbors" which stated that I was able to carry on my father's property, as it was not posted against my doing so, and that he (Father) was restricted from bearing arms only within 200 feet of the mutual property line.  As I was not party to the law suit, there were no distance restrictions placed on me.

This situation is coming to head via HB0419/SB0369 which will preclude another family from having to bear shuch BS against their 85 year Former 'Tennessee Teacher of the Year' Mother from convicted meth manufacturers.  It is up in House Health subcommittee tomorrow, I will be testifying.

No actually, I let the Sheriff and the Judge know that I would file charges against the Judge for "Official Oppression" that same day, had a friendly Legislator make the same call, (as it takes a legislator to file the charge), the "instrument" was rescinded post haste.

I watched the Duputy read the new order to the "neighbors" which stated that I was able to carry on my father's property, as it was not posted against my doing so, and that he (Father) was restricted from bearing arms only within 200 feet of the mutual property line.  As I was not party to the law suit, there were no distance restrictions placed on me.

This situation is coming to head via HB0419/SB0369 which will preclude another family from having to bear shuch BS against their 85 year Former 'Tennessee Teacher of the Year' Mother from convicted meth manufacturers.  It is up in House Health subcommittee tomorrow, I will be testifying.

There seems like there is an interesting story there but I don't know very much about TN law and how it was apparently abused here.  Since the TN bill you reference seems to deal with taxes not sure how the relates to Meth dealers.  Is there another Thread that covers that?

Thanks

Robert

There seems like there is an interesting story there but I don't know very much about TN law and how it was apparently abused here.  Since the TN bill you reference seems to deal with taxes not sure how the relates to Meth dealers.  Is there another Thread that covers that?

Thanks

Robert

Fat finger disease, HB 0410/SB0369, deals with Elder Abuse, makes aggravated stalking of a person over 65 years of age a Class E Felony, like the same for one under 18 is.(moves it up from a simple misdemeanor)

Got out of House Health subcommittee today, headed to full Health and then Finance.  Has a fiscal note, but might just squeeze by at end of session, maybe.  If not this year, will be back pushing it next year.

Promised my Mother before she died I would get it done.