Has anybody ever rented a table at a gun show?

Was wondering if anybody has ever bought a table at a gun show to sell things from their private collection, and is there is a limit as to how much you can sell?

I thought about getting a table to clear out some stuff I have or maybe finding someone to go in with me on the cost of a table or two.

Yep. A few times in Memphis. I think it was $60 for two days  but I think it depends on the Show. I had a mess of odds and ends. Parts, knives, some ammo, magazines, scopes, books etc. and a couple of guns I wanted to sell. I put on the table a sign saying Private Sale. I sold off on gun that was a safe queen for years. I bought it because I just had to have it and after shooting it a few times i felt I made a mistake but stuck it in the safe for a few years. I never took it out to shoot it so I figured someone else might want it.  On thing about being an exhibitor is you have everyone coming to you with their guns for sale and it's pretty easy to say, "whacha got there, can I have a look?" Ya gotta be careful cause you might spend a lot more than you make.

• Like 1

The idea of renting the table or two with a friend sounds good. That way, if you need to let out the coffee or attend other needs you'll have a pal or gal to keep a eye on your wares.. Stuff grows legs @ shows & remorse won"t bring it back. Also, low- ball bids near the close of the day need to be heeded. Being a Vendor has some advantages as you may find an item on display before the show opens that you can purchase @ a Vendor's price ! People often grumble about show prices but when one factors lodging ,equipment, inventory that doesn't sell, the margins aren't all that great. Sure , I feel a little bummed about prices but the folks who are on the road nearly every week end are in a sense , providing products and/or services they want you to purchase but you have the Supreme Right of Refusal.. (I'm getting prolix here & need to stop) Best Wishes & Good Luck! 

Normally do it in Fall when shows pick up again. Rent one table and cut your cost and a few buddies usually send some stuff with me and toss in a twenty for

table rent. Mark everything up 10 percent as everybody will want a "deal". If you sell or buy a gun make damm sure they have a Valid TN DL and are 18 or 21

same with ammo sales even though it is private sale,and you will also have a couple people ask if it is private because they are not able to to pass a background

or are out of state. These are the Felons the ATF send in to show and they will be waiting at your house with a warrant and remove all your guns and cash. I have seen this happen to people I have been set up next to over the years. Follow all laws.  Bring a couple hundred cash in ones and fives as a lot of people will

hand you a hundred,also put out a large sign saying prices are so low because cash sales only. This will prevent everybody handing you a credit card.

Just the basics,have fun.

I have a buddy that sets up 2 tables at one of the local shows once a year and he collects things from friends all year for the show. He normally has a very variety to offer and in most case will almost sell out every year. He does not make a lot but will normally make 250. to 300.00 profit so makes it worth the trip. He will take a family member or close friend along each time............... :up: