Turkey hunting question

No, no restriction on number of rounds.  

Per the hunting guide:

1. Shotguns using ammunition loaded with No. 4 shot or smaller. No restriction on number of rounds in magazine.

2. Longbows, recurve bows, compound bows, crossbows and other bows drawn or held by a mechanical device.

3. Firearms and archery equipment may be equipped with sighting devices except those devices utilizing an artifi cial light capable of locating wildlife. Night vision scopes are illegal. 

This reminds me..time to start shooting my bow and making sure it is still sighted in.

Edited by Hozzie

Not an answer to your question, but turkeys come right up to the windows at work. We sit and watch amazed. Any other time I have seen a turkey they run. I have been told that they will fight with their own reflection by head butting the glass to the point they bleed. I would never have believed it until I seen it for myself.

Kentucky and Fort Campbell require plugs for Turkey, just in case you venture out.

I leave mine plugged since I hunt areas that require it. I don't feel like I am at a disadvantage with only 3 shots. Plus, I end is carrying around 2 less of those 3.5" magnum loads all day.

And Yes, Ron45... they will do that.  We had a tom take up residence on our back porch a few years ago (for about 6 months).  He beat on the windows (all of them) for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and hourly snack, plus general entertainment and often just the stupidity of seeing its own reflection.  If one ever makes a home in your yard, just shoot it and get it over with. Seriously.  They are nasty things to have close by. Ours was named "Tom Turd". Eventually, we called TWRA to come and get the Ba$tard ( after it got inside the house).

Edited by R_Bert

R_Bert. Too bad we cant shoot them at work. I would love to have an early Thanksgivin dinner.

Several TGOers are FB friends.  They can see Tom Turd in my FB photos. Every morning I had to shoo it off of his roost before I went to work (or it would ride my truck until it blew off....his record was ~200 yds...I stopped, backed up, and took him "home").  We really should have ate the thing.

Kentucky and Fort Campbell require plugs for Turkey, just in case you venture out.

I leave mine plugged since I hunt areas that require it. I don't feel like I am at a disadvantage with only 3 shots. Plus, I end is carrying around 2 less of those 3.5" magnum loads all day.

Mine is set up for 3 gun and I'd rather not have to take the extension off since my sling mount is on the tube. 

Mine is set up for 3 gun and I'd rather not have to take the extension off since my sling mount is on the tube. 

If you ever needed to limit capacity, a half inch wooden dowel of proper length will do it fine.

- OS

• Like 2

I don't feel like I am at a disadvantage with only 3 shots. Plus, I end is carrying around 2 less of those 3.5" magnum loads all day.

Spiffy likes to give his targets 3-5 rounds, just to be sure.

If you ever needed to limit capacity, a half inch wooden dowel of proper length will do it fine. - OS

Small end of a cue stick works in a pinch as well. ;)

You can also use an arrow for a plug in an extended tube. R_Bert if you have ever eaten a wild turkey, yes you would have shot it and eaten it. Take the breast and cut it into about 1" chunks batter it and deep fry it and say MMMMMMMMM good just like Andy would after eating a good meal cooked by Aunt Bee!!