HK VP9

jaymc75

It's the first striker fired gun I've ever owned... and I love it! Very similar to HK's LEM which is what I carry. The VP just seems to be so effortlessly accurate. I've taken a few people from work to shoot on lunch breaks and they all have a smile on their faces after the first mag.
  • Like 1

They are a different breed.  Incredible trigger pull and extremely accurate.  Mine has converted a few Glock lovers already.  I suspect we will be seeing more variants over the next couple of years.  

I love my glock 19 and 30, but those may start collecting dust soon.. Can't wait to get back on the range with it

I can attest to what Jaymc is saying, bought it on a sweet deal from a LGS ($500 NIB) near Ft Campbell and I absolutely love it.

The ergonomics of it (swappable backstrap and sides of the grip), the night sights that come stock, the trigger and the out of the box accuracy are something to write home about for a pistol in that place range.

My wife didnt enjoy pistols until I picked this up, she fired it a few times and I have yet to get it back
  • Like 1

I posted this elsewhere, but wanted you all to see it:

I may be making an error here, so you need to verify.

The only VP9 magazines I have seen in the past week are $200.  Bud's has P30  magazines for $37.17.  An internet search came across a site showing that those would work with a VP9.  

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/713072447/HK+MAGAZINE+P30+9MM+LUGER+15+RD

If all of this is correct, this is a deal you don't want to miss.

• Like 1

I also ordered a set of the Trijicon HD night sights for it, the sights are fine on the gun but the luminescent glow doesn't last very long.. Have any of you that have the VP9 had the sights changed on them? I've heard it can be a bit tricky.

Thanks in advance.

If you've never installed them before they do require some fitting and some finesse. The rear sight is tapered towards the rear so you have to be careful not to twist the sight and damage it, been there done that.

They are great sights though, I've got both a yellow set and orange set and my eyes pick up the orange set better.

edit: will probably send the next set of for installation Edited by hlb14
  • Like 1