Shot a .454 Casull.

Steelharp

I have never shot a .454 Casull. But I’ve shot a 500 S&W magnum; is it worse than that?

Been a while since I did a 500... but as best I can recall, yes. This was worse. Perhaps it being a lightweight Taurus had a great deal to do with that.

This was it. http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=233&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=RB2

ARE YE DAFT MAN???

Whoa. I bet that was....different. Worst handgun recoil I ever felt, that I can remember, was also from a Taurus.

A 2" barreled 45LC they produced in the late 90s/early 2000. I did shoot it 5 times.

Just to empty the cyclinder and say I did. Never again.

Edited by hipower

A friend of mine has a Raging Bull that I've shot several times. I've also fired a .500 S&W. They were interesting experiences, but its not something I want to do on a regular basis. 

Another guy I know has a Rossi Model 92 Trapper in .454.  I shot a full magazine through it and even in that light rifle, it kicked like a mule.  His is one of the early models with a curved steel butt plate which sure didn't help matters. Darn thing left a bruise on my shoulder.  :shake:

I think I'll leave the loudenboomers to folks who enjoy that sort of punishment.  :screwy:

You should try it in a rifle. You would really like the cartridge in my little single shot

It can be a bruiser in a handgun though.

Right on.  I used to have a 20" Virgin Valley barrel in 454 for my Encore.  It was a great round out of a rifle.

I had a Raging Bull with a 8" barrell and ported once when they first came out before the .500 and .460. It was strictly a novility gun, I did take it hunting once but had to keep it covered because it was bright polished stainless which is like taking a mirror with you hunting. I shot it quite often, it will definatly send a shock wave up your arm. I concluded if I shot it too much I would eventually develop some kind of "itis" in my wrist or elbow, Magnumitis. I later sold that gun, I had my fun with it and it wasn't practical for much since we don't have moose or grizzlys in Tennessee. If I hiked often in the Rockys I would definatly carry a .454 or bigger.