So why aren't they blaming the plane?

Regarding the recent tragic events of the co-pilot that purposely flew the plane into the mountain killing 150 people, I got to thinking about something.    It has been reported that the co-pilot possibly had some mental issues which may or may not be true as more facts come out.   Either way he murdered those people.    

Had the guy used a gun to mass murder those same people, all the anti-gun folks would be whipped into a frenzy pushing their gun control agenda.     

So in this case why isn't the plane being targeted as the problem?    Yes, I know the real answer but using their same logic, the plane must be the problem.  

• Like 5

I think some of you need to get out and get some air.  I am getting more tired of the complaining about Liberals than I am the Liberals complaining about guns.  Not that a lot of it isn't warranted, but holy cow, you have to have something better to do with your time don't you?  This was a tragedy.  Everything doesn't have to be about Liberals and guns.

Also, can we try use proper grammar and spelling when complaining Liberals are "to stupid to think for there selfs".  It only takes a second to proof read.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 3
I'll chime in. No we can't stop. This forum is extremely quiet on the state of affairs. We've been run over and haven't barely raised a stink. If we don't start talking about things, he deal will be sealed in two years and no one will question it.

Here is plenty of evidence of what is going on, illegal, immoral and treasonous behavior in the powers that be including the media. We didn't bat an eye when we were told that millions of voters stayed home. (I don't believe it, the cover up began years earlier).

Personally I think it's too late, but better late than never.

While it's nice to ignore reality, we can't ignore the results.

In not trying to start the conversation, but I don't think it should be quashed.
  • Like 2

I think some of you need to get out and get some air.  I am getting more tired of the complaining about Liberals than I am the Liberals complaining about guns.  Not that a lot of it isn't warranted, but holy cow, you have to have something better to do with your time don't you?  This was a tragedy.  Everything doesn't have to be about Liberals and guns.

Also, can we try use proper grammar and spelling when complaining Liberals are "to stupid to think for there selfs".  It only takes a second to proof read.

Hear, hear.

• Like 1

Usually when I "get tired" of reading or hearing about something, I stop reading about it or listening about it, Just like if I don't like what's on TV I change the channel.

• Like 2

Usually when I "get tired" of reading or hearing about something, I stop reading about it or listening about it, Just like if I don't like what's on TV I change the channel.

Believe me, I have to ignore more than I care to admit on TGO anymore.  

• Like 1

He didn't make a joke. That's the proper usage.

- OS

It's still funny. I'm glad to see that someone else noticed that some of these guys never seem to have a good day and can connect a liberal or Obama to everything that bothers them. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 2

So are some of us not happy with the actual problems and the frustration towards the left wing?

Or are we not happy because we are talking about it? (As in the preferred method of limiting non left wing speech) 

I believe the point of the thread was missed by some. I clearly see that the OP's agument wasn't to make light of the murders of 150 people, he's just pointing out that if the co-pilot had used an AR to murder those people liberals would be calling for gun control laws and calling for law suits against the maker of the AR, blame the gun and the manufacturer instead of the murderer. That's exactly thier mentality and it is a valid point. What is funny is that someone would complain about the criticising of liberals on an internet forum where most all of it's members are conservative thinkers, those who still value personal choice and value and believe in the Constitution. If I joined a forum ran by MSNBC I believe I would expect members there to often complain about conservatives, especially on their political forums and I would classify the 2nd. Amendment forum here at TGO to be a political forum with threads often criticising liberals.

Also, it is an internet forum where people try to type fast and share opinions among friends, it is not a letter, memo or presentation to CEO's at some big company so a few grammer errors or a misspelled word or two isn't a big deal to me, I know what they are saying. I've noticed on forums some people use that as a petty insult to a poster when they are angry about what they posted and a petty insult is all that it is, nothing more.

Don't expect to read a political forum or thread and not read something you don't like or agree with.

Edit: BTW, Criticising and Criticizing are both correct, like defense and defence.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

They can't blame the plane because the co-pilot left notes and letters admitting to taking blame for it. They are now wanting in cockpit cameras to show all of the actions? Like the cameras are going to prevent an incident like what happened to the last downed plane. It might be that policies need to be changed in what takes place during flight by the pilot and co-pilot. In most cases after an airliner reaches flight altitude the pilots all have a tendency to leave the cockpit and walk the isle introducing himself and maybe a rest room stop. Maybe that policy needs to end for a start to passenger safety. If they want to continue that policy add a 3rd pilot to each flight and the pilot can be relieved by the backup pilot and also the co-pilot when need be and that way there is always two pilots flying the plane........................................JMHO  Oh yea, this is just another reason when I got my feet back on American soil back in 1974 I promised I would never fly again and I haven't.................. :up:  :up: 

• Like 1

I could have sympathy for someone who is going through so much pain, either physical or mental that they can no longer tolerate existing any more, I can't really judge them because I have no idea what's going on in their mind at the time. But, to take yourself out and also take out 150 innocent people is just murder plain and simple. I will hold judgment against murderers, I have no sympathy for the co-pilot whatsoever, he is a scumbag mass murderer. It's a rare event that this happens but some policy changes would be in order I think, I am more worried about some pilot who desides to carry out some personal islamic jihad than one who wants to end it all.

I think some of you need to get out and get some air. I am getting more tired of the complaining about Liberals than I am the Liberals complaining about guns. Not that a lot of it isn't warranted, but holy cow, you have to have something better to do with your time don't you? This was a tragedy. Everything doesn't have to be about Liberals and guns.

Also, can we try use proper grammar and spelling when complaining Liberals are "to stupid to think for there selfs". It only takes a second to proof read.

Let me say I'm sorry if I offended or upset you in my original post. I was useing my 1st amendment right of freedom of speech. I was not making lite of the 150 lives that were taken by a sick individual. I used the term liberal instead of Democrat and conservative instead Republican because both parties are a shell of there old selfes. I'm a registered Democrat and I'm very conservative the Democratic party use to be for the middle class now they are not. The Republicans are out for big companies and not the middle class. So I vote and support who is best for my family and interest witch is getting harder to find every elections. We have to stand up and express or selfes every chance we get or we will be ran over and pushed to the side. So like a said in the beginning I am very sorry if I offended you but put your big boy pants on and suck it up have a nice day
  • Like 1

Gave you a "like" but note -- we don't have party registration in TN. AFAIK, the only thing "on record" is in which primary one last voted.

- OS

Yes i know this and i always vote in the Democratic primary we need all the help we can get if you know what I mean.