Surf fishing - March 2015

• Admin Team
Had a couple of great days fishing the beach this week down in Seagrove Beach. Caught this redfish that was just in the slot within 20 minutes of my line hitting the water.

It's rare that you get to share such a treat with family and friends, but the meal that this fish provided was a true blessing - blackened redfish over smoked Gouda cheese grits.
  • Like 8
Man...that is amazing! I bet that was a special meal for sure.

My family spent our family vacations at Seagrove Beach for about 10 years or so when the kids were going up. We go back from time to time and still really enjoy the area.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
  • Admin Team

Yummy the only thing better than fresh redfish is fresh pompano.

Hello jealous.

Congrats!!!

We had 7 adults and 9 kids down there. That redfish fed everyone.

We made fish tacos with the pompano. We didn't want a single bite of the meat to go to waste, so we all ate until we were stuffed.

We got to have some good conversations with a bunch of the kids, too - several of whom don't really come from sporting families. We got to talk about what it means to consume meat, and why some of us think it's important to participate in the food chain - how getting literal blood on our hands makes us more fully appreciate the proverbial blood each of us omnivores has on our hands.

My oldest daughter and I have had this conversation before, and she really got it this time. It's neat because when we shared the meal that the redfish provided with our family and friends she really understood the almost sacred act that those meals represent to so many of us.
  • Like 7
Man I'm Hungary, nice catch and very cool to share the "Chain" with the young folks. I was able to listen as my son shared the same talk with his son that I shared with him over 25 years ago.
Give Thanks for Everything
Waste Nothing
NEVER depend on someone else to to for you what you can do for your self

Catching the fish was great and fun for sure but that gathering of folks both young and old in what was mostly and older tradition that use to go on in gatherings many years ago. That outing is something the young people and some of the older folks will remain in their memories forever.................... :up: :up: :up:

That's awesome Mac. I hope they will all still be biting when I hit the beaches of St. George Island next month. It's real hard to find anything that tastes better than Redfish and Pompano, except maybe seatrout. Glad y'all had a good time.

Dave

That's some good stuff!

We took my kids fishing at the beach for the first time a few years ago.  My little one caught this redfish on that tiny little rod with 4lb line, a hook, and a bobber.  It weighed nearly as much as him.  Unfortunately we weren't allowed to keep it, but the kids had a blast.

i-S2RGN8x-M.jpg

That's awesome Mac. I hope they will all still be biting when I hit the beaches of St. George Island next month. It's real hard to find anything that tastes better than Redfish and Pompano, except maybe seatrout. Glad y'all had a good time.

Dave

We're planning to go to St. George in the fall.  If you happen to know, what are the fishing regs there and are there any good spots?

• Like 2

That's some good stuff!

We took my kids fishing at the beach for the first time a few years ago.  My little one caught this redfish on that tiny little rod with 4lb line, a hook, and a bobber.  It weighed nearly as much as him.  Unfortunately we weren't allowed to keep it, but the kids had a blast.

i-S2RGN8x-M.jpg

We're planning to go to St. George in the fall.  If you happen to know, what are the fishing regs there and are there any good spots?

I have fished St. George many times. The old bridge that crosses out to the Island is now a fishing pier. Will check it out when I get there.

Dave

• Like 1