I'm trying to think of a way for the Chicago Police to be more irritating

USA Today shouldn't be printing crap like this.

Yes they should.  It's news, and comments from the Police Superintendent about crime are relevant.  I disagree with his conclusions, but he's the guy in the position, and should be quoted.

I really thought the pro-gun crowd made too much noise about the drop in numbers once a concealed carry system was implemented in Chicago.  The term "correlation is not necessarily causation" came to mind.  The numbers were bound to go back on the upswing based on the cesspool that Chicago is.  There are some very nice places there, like Navy Pier, the Soldier Field area, the Field Museum of Natural History...but the majority of the city is fast approaching lost cause status.

Edited by btq96r
There are two points. One is the libs have it wrong and keep making up new excuses for their failed policies. Of course that's a given. I don't see why they aren't held liable. If I used deceptive advertising for my business I would be. I'm sure fines, civil proceedings and possibly criminal would be in order depending on the extent.

The other point is that honest people can now protect themselves and the thugs will shift their crime on fellow thugs and innocent people in thugville, It changes the victim pool.

The other point is that honest people can now protect themselves and the thugs will shift their crime on fellow thugs and innocent people in thugville, It changes the victim pool.

The majority of the deaths have been criminal on criminal, hence why it's a statistics fight, where the anti-gun crowd will jump on it and try to use it to justify bans and the like.  There is nothing new under the sun going on in the city of Al Capone. 

Also, the genetic makeup of Chicago politics isn't changing anytime soon.  People are only able to conceal carry by virtue of SCOTUS taking the McDonald case.  But as Ugly points out, honest people have a means to protect themselves now.  That isn't nothing.

Edited by btq96r

Police Cheifs of big cities and the Police Superintendent of Chicago are nothing more than politicians with a political agenda, making comments from a memo from the Mayor, this is what you believe, this is what you will say and how you will say it. And don't forget your appointment to come by my office at 12:30 for your weekly kiss my ass visit. They rarely speek for the cop on the street, but Chicago you never know. I've seen Chicago for 30 seconds from the window of a 737, that's all I care to see of the place.

I grew up in far west Chicago for the first 6 years of my life. It was a dangerous town to live in back in the 50's and 60's  during my time there also. There was killings every night and late at night while laying in my bed I could hear gun shots. Mayor Richard Daley ran the city with an Iron fist yet the killings still continued. The only real difference I see in Chicago is the news media's. Back when I was a kid and listened to the news on TV they would discuss all the news. Not pick and choose what to discuss. All of the news medias today are controlled by politics. They pick and choose what to discuss and share. Guns are at the forefront because of all the new gun laws going on across the country.

When I lived up there my parents move me to the country almost out of Cook county and we were far enough west that I spent most of my life with friends that lived on farms. I began hunting small game by age 8 and we lived in a town named Lemont. It was so far west that two miles down the road I lived on was the Will County Line.

During those times gun laws were very relaxed in Illinois. By age 10 I was able to walk into our small town gun store and purchase a single action 6 22cal Colt pistol with a 4.5 inch barrel and western style holster package and my buddy bought a Ruger Single action 22 cal 6 shot with a 6.5 inch barrel and a western style holster.  We bought these guns without any ID's but the gun store owner new both of us well. We had bought Shotguns from him for small game hunting and all of our ammo from him.

My buddy that still lives up there but has moved out of Cook County and lives more in mid state now still enjoys his trap and skeet shoots and his small game and now also big game hunting. He and his two sons now also have CC permits but they never go to Chicago.

My point is Illinois was not always a suck a$$ state to live in. If you got out of the city of Chicago it was a great state to hunt and fish in...................JM.......... :2cents:

• Like 1

It would be a great favor for the state of IL and rest of the US if Chicago and Cook County drifted off and sank into Lake Michigan.  

What would make my day is if enough citizens of South Illinois seceded from the state and created a South Illinois and North Illinois. We know that failed in Colorado but not by that much, almost 1/3 of the voters voted for secession, that's quite a few and if there were more than the one liberal anti-gun issue it could have happened. It's not treason for citizens of a state to vote for secession since they are not seceding from the U.S., just the state.