Where to find a Mosin 91/30

Where can a fellow find a Mosin these days? I had one a while back and had to sell it, but would like to get another. Unfortunately for me, it seems they have gotten scarce. If anyone knows of a shop in middle or east Tennessee with one for sale at a fair price, can you share the love?
GunSlingers in Kingsport has a few really nice ones. A few carbines too, which I believe were M44's. Didn't look at prices, but I'm pretty sure they'd talk to you about it on the phone. Edited by EssOne

Where can a fellow find a Mosin these days? I had one a while back and had to sell it, but would like to get another. Unfortunately for me, it seems they have gotten scarce. If anyone knows of a shop in middle or east Tennessee with one for sale at a fair price, can you share the love?

Personal Defense Options, located at G&A Equipment off of Watt Road in W. Knox has some M44 Mosins. Edited by i1afli

i guess gone are the days of a $95 otd 91/30 at the gun shows anymore

I think that is correct. If Putin would ever straighten up, and sanctions get lifted from Russia, we could possibly see an influx of them again, but I still think prices for a 91/30 will remain closer to $150 or more OTD and will likely not go down much as long as cheap surplus ammo remains available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, I was a little under on pricing. I just received an email from Classic Firearms and they have a new shipment. Oh My! The pricing starts at $175 per rifle if you buy them by the crate and they go up in price from there. You do get to choose manufacturer and receiver type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I was a little under on pricing. I just received an email from Classic Firearms and they have a new shipment. Oh My! The pricing starts at $175 per rifle if you buy them by the crate and they go up in price from there. You do get to choose manufacturer and receiver type.

Everybody said they'd just keep getting more expensive. And that will continue, until surplus ammo runs out, then value will crash unless Russia can keep up with new 54R production with the same ballpark pricing.

I see the ammo as already quite a bit more expensive than couple years ago, seems to have jumped up higher % than anything except .22LR?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

And that will continue, until surplus ammo runs out, then value will crash unless Russia can keep up with new 54R production with the same ballpark pricing.

Doubtful.  Prices on mil-surps really don't drop, regardless of surplus ammo availability.  Some do not appreciate in value as much as others but I'm not aware of any that actually decrease in value.

Mausers are a fine example.  Everyone's heard the stories of guys buying German-made 98's out of barrels at the gas station for $20 each.  Well, try to find one now for less than $500-600 on the low end.  Surplus ammo for those has just about dried up.

Doubtful.  Prices on mil-surps really don't drop, regardless of surplus ammo availability.  Some do not appreciate in value as much as others but I'm not aware of any that actually decrease in value.

Mausers are a fine example.  Everyone's heard the stories of guys buying German-made 98's out of barrels at the gas station for $20 each.  Well, try to find one now for less than $500-600 on the low end.  Surplus ammo for those has just about dried up.

Good points. There's just soooo many Mosins out there in closets though, and still coming from sources too. I rather think that if ammo gets pricy they'll come back around for sale, and cheaper,  about like the recent AR glut. Time will tell.

- OS

I still think we will never see the prices of several years ago again. We might see $150 Mosins again at some point, but the days of sub $100 Mosins are forever gone. IMHO

Most bought a Mosin at least partially because of cheap big bore ammo. If minimum .50 per round or higher becomes the norm, all bets on that are off methinks.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I bought the one I kept because it was the biggest pos looking rifle I had ever seen.  Looked like it had been run over by a Panzer and buried in mud for thirty years.

That and it was 95 beans OTD.  Turns out it has a Finish stock and most likely was a war capture.   I hate shooting it but it is my favorite milsurp.

That and 80 bucks for a 440 round can of bewlitts.

I agree them days are long gone and never will be seen again.

I still think we will never see the prices of several years ago again. We might see $150 Mosins again at some point, but the days of sub $100 Mosins are forever gone. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email from Classic Firearms yesterday with mosin's for $189 each and my only thought was #%$&!!

They do offer the option of manufacturer and receiver style.  Or by a case of 20 for only $175 each. @($&*!!

• Like 1

I received an email from Classic Firearms yesterday with mosin's for $189 each and my only thought was #%$&!!
They do offer the option of manufacturer and receiver style. Or by a case of 20 for only $175 each. @($&*!!

anyone want to pitch in and buy a crate of mosins from classic [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by luke9511

I was at Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville yesterday and they looked to have about 12-15 for ~$150 each.  It was closing time and I wasn't looking for one so I didn't look too close or ask any questions (i.e., not sure what kind of accessories, factory, years, matching numbers, etc.).  That said they didn't look too beat up.  

• 4 weeks later...

I saw several @ Farnsworth's in Vonore (about 15 or 20 miles south of Maryville ) for  $189 round rec'r your choice of what's there , alas, no bargains that I can find. Hunting season's over maybe you can find one @ a GS .Good Luck !

Was @ Rocky Top Armory on Chapman Hwy this morn they had 4  round receiver model 91/30's (your choice)in a crate and a can of ammo for $280.. Wish I could find something better ..Maybe you'll get lucky. Best Wishes !