The Masters

The way Speith is playing, it is his tournament to lose.

Cat is amazing all right. Has set the golf world on fire at 21 even before this. We'll see.

Lots of guys light it up for a year or three.

Course, in the level of competition in today's game compared to back in Jack's day, even a year or two is amazing. So far, Tiger is the only one who's managed to truly dominate for more than a few in the modern era.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I hope to watch some of it. It'll be curious to see how Spieth handles the pressure. There's a long way to go and a lot of capable guys.

I'm glad tiger isn't a factor. I hope his improved attitude isn't the result of acting lessons. I still think needs to take a year off to let his back and knee heal. Then another year to work up a swing that doesn't put so much stress on both. Sucks getting old.

I'm glad tiger isn't a factor. I hope his improved attitude isn't the result of acting lessons. I still think needs to take a year off to let his back and knee heal. Then another year to work up a swing that doesn't put so much stress on both. Sucks getting old.

Though I really don't at heart really believe in those things on a tit for tat basis, it's tempting to see Tiger as epitome of hubris/karma and such.

- OS

Good Lord, Spieth now has the all time Masters record for birdies with 26. Within a stroke of setting another if he can get to -19. Lowest 36 and 54 hole scores. Also, if he doesn't blow up, will be only the fifth wire to wire winner ever, the last being Floyd way back in 1976.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

He did it, -19!

3 holes left, 3 pars will give him all time lowest score of 269. To put that in context, Tiger did 270 back in '97 and course has been lengthened significantly since then.

- OS

edit: Well rats. Bogeyed the last hole, so missed the outright record.

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Tough ending to watch. I'm sort of miffed that everyone is calling Jordan's finish a collapse. He was better than the entire field the start to finish. #12 ended it for him yeah, but that was the only "bad" hole for him the entire tournament. He went -1 after that. He beat 87 players overall. Very hard to call it a collapse in my opinion. The media sucks as always, that's the truth.

The media ought to be calling for Ernie Els to retire the way he's putting. That's just plain awful.

His tee shot was just a very inopportune oops.  He missed it in the one place you can't miss it.  I think the 2nd ball in the water was just brain overload resulting from the tee shot.  Consolidating his feces and continuing on for remaining holes to finish 2nd borders on miraculous, given the situation.

He may blow it off publicly like he's moved past it quickly, but I guarantee it'll burn his ass for a long time to come. 

Edited by peejman
  • Like 1

I don't know how any one can nap during those races.  The skill level of those riders is just insane.  

I agree on the skill level.  However, last year most of the early races were boring (this year isn't much different so far).  The same 4 bikes spend the majority of the race just riding around.  The TV coverage doesn't show the action in the back of the pack.  It got more interesting toward the end of the season. 

Seen this?  It's friggin' awesome.  After watching it, I have a little more respect for the smurf. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEMmKyR11yM

Edited by peejman