My new Glock 43

pops572

Thanks to Daniel at Guns and Leather, I am the new proud owner of the single stack 9 Glock 43. Picked it up yesterday and proceeded to put 200 uneventful rounds downrange, had one brass to the face but I can't swear that wasn't bouncing off the range stall, it was during a mag dump.

I love it, will definitely replace my edc XDs when I get night sights ( should be here this weekend). Very soft shooting and extremely happy with it. If you are a Glock fan I definitely recommend it.

Waiting on background check
896E3710-B0F6-419E-87C7-CC6487F6BBD4_zps

First 12 rounds slow fire at ~7 yards.
1D1C25FD-D75D-4CA8-AF12-CB6997CA9C02_zps

First 50 ~7yrds fairly rapid fire.
8DFEB598-6424-4342-9835-0986CBEDB4D1_zps

Edited by pops572
  • Like 7

As a funny side note, the fired case was collected on April first. Got me an April Fool's Glock. :D

Seems like a fast testing to consumer time. But I guess with the popularity of it and Glocks in general; it was shipped before the barrel cooled on that test round.

Even though this particular "big box" store in Clarksville does not have any 43's yet I know for a fact that they will be selling them for 479.99 + tax and background.  I'm hoping the Blue Label prices will be about $100.00 less than 479.99.  At $580.00 I'll never get one just on principle.  Look at what they are going for on Gunbroker right now - crazy.

Edited by graycrait
GnL was very fair priced, not gonna quote it in case it is not going to be that for future ahipments, and dont want to put Daniel on the spot. But it was well under MSRP and I dis not mind paying the price for it. Course if it had been cheaper I wouldnt have minded that either.
  • Admin Team

GnL was very fair priced, not gonna quote it in case it is not going to be that for future ahipments, and dont want to put Daniel on the spot. But it was well under MSRP and I dis not mind paying the price for it. Course if it had been cheaper I wouldnt have minded that either.

I have never once heard a report of the guys at Guns and Leather doing a customer wrong.  Daniel and his team have earned the great reputation that they have!

• Like 2
As much as I am not a Glock fan (not a hater, just not a fan) I am super happy that it seems to be a good pistol. Though it's a bit bigger than my Shield, it's nice to see more subcompacts that seem to have full-size shootability.

Groupings like you posted, and like I get with my Shield used to be just about unheard of with these near-pocket guns. Enjoy!
  • Like 1

side by side with a G26

Im not knocking the gun but side by side they are the same,the width is JUST an 8th" difference

and a loss of 4 rounds...I am not understanding the fanfare ..plus its 100 more than most others 

in its class (XDs,Shield,CM9 etc)

20150304_122623.jpg

Edited by SonnyCrockett
I'm interested to try one, but I find it so easy to conceal my 26 in either my MTAC or my Raven Eidolon that it would have to be significantly smaller to get me to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We as a whole asked Glock for years to produce a slimmer single stack magazine 9mm P and given our knowledge of the Glock product line and magazine wall thickness should have expected the end result. Personally I don't think it turned out too badly but I also don't view it as a significant improvement over the G-26. Wil I buy one? I really don't know, but I'll sure look at one and hope that Glock sells a lot of them.
pops572, on 15 Apr 2015 - 7:21 PM, said:

Not putting me on the spot. Guns are running $489.

• Like 1

Congrats on picking up the 43.  Hope you love it. Based on shooting the G42 (which we picked up primarily for the wife), I believe the G43 will probably be great for a lot of people but I am not in a rush to pick one up.  The G42 is very easy to be accurate for such a small gun, but it is the only Glock I have ever fired that I have unintentionally hit both the magazine release (just once-first magazine) and the slide lock (2-3 times). This is a very subjective issue but I believe my wife even hit the slide lock a time or two because her only "failures" trying to break the thing in were when it locked back with rounds still in the magazine.  She pointed out to me that this was right after I told her to get her thumbs up as I emphasized to her to use as high a grip as possible to mitigate recoil.  I shot the 42 again last week paying attention to my grip and couldn't replicate this problem so I believe the issue (with both of us) was thumb on the slide lock during recoil.  Again I think this issue is easily resolved with training and familiarity.  I can even shoot my LCP well with practice and a slightly modified grip, but for me the 26 could be as small as I can go and not have to modify my grip to account for the size of the pistol.  I love that I can shoot my 17 or 19 and then pick up the 26 (that I haven't shot in 6 months) and it still feels perfect.  Not sure the 43 would work the same for me (for me)...  

Edited by JReedEsq