I took the plunge... My first CZ!

mhl6493

Picked up a CZ 75 B tonight at Bud's in Sevierville (it's probably not good for me that this place is only a little over a hour away...).  Both Mechanically and Jonnin graciously offered to let me come down to Chattanoga and take a look at theirs, but from everything they said and what I've read about this gun the last couple of days, I couldn't wait.  Had been thinking about the 2075 RAMI, but those are hard to find.  And after holding the 75 in in my hand, it was a done deal.  To me, this is just one of those classic guns that I couldn't leave without.

So thanks to my Chattanooga friends for turning me on to the CZ brand - probably won't be my last.  Something about a metal gun.  WIth my Sig p238 now for pocket carry,  I could easily see me getting rid of all my polymer eventually...

CZ%2075B%20amp%20Stuff_zpsyzrfmokc.jpg

CZ%2075B_zpst9zacegu.jpg

• Like 6

Very good guns but I like the CZ 75B Compact better especially for carry.

CZs seem to be one of those designs that fit many folks very well.

Oh yeah, no way I'd try to carry the 75B.  I could definitely see a Compact in my future...

There's nothing like an all metal gun with a SA/DA trigger and an hammer. I'm biased, but I think the CZ 75 is the closest model to getting it perfect.

Have you shot it yet? That's when you'll be the most pleased with your decision.
  • Like 2

There's nothing like an all metal gun with a SA/DA trigger and an hammer. I'm biased, but I think the CZ 75 is the closest model to getting it perfect.

Have you shot it yet? That's when you'll be the most pleased with your decision.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to yet.  It will probably be Friday before I can.  I'll definitely give a follow-up when I do.  I always have this paranoid fear that I'll be the one guy that gets the lemon and winds up with a jam-o-matic...  :nervous: But from everything I've read about this gun, and from the way it feels in my hand, I'm expecting nothing but 9mm bliss.

• Like 1

I have the single action version. Love it.

Now you need to locate a Kadet conversion kit.

Then you'll need another CZ so that you'll have a dedicated lower for the Kadet. I've got mine on a 40P lower (same as P-01) and its shoots like a dream. All the goodness of a CZ with even less recoil.
  • Like 1

Congrats!  A CZ-75b was my first handgun.  Here it is, manufactured in '96.  Once you get familiar with it you might wish to check out http://czcustom.com/ and http://cajungunworks.com/ .  Lots of goodies that will turn an already fine handgun into an excellent range gun / competition ready pistola.

ac9a147a-fba3-480c-960a-73a7e30703a2_zps

Thanks!  That is a beautiful pistol you have there.  Love those grips.  Did you get them from the CZ Custom Shop?

Thanks!  That is a beautiful pistol you have there.  Love those grips.  Did you get them from the CZ Custom Shop?

Yes.  Here they are... http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-Thin-Coco-Bolo-Grips.aspx

I also replaced the factory magazine break with this one, http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-SP01Solid-Mag-Break.aspx  which allows the mags to drop free.

And I use the 11.5# hammer spring and extended firing pin needed to go with the lighter spring, both offered by Cajun Gun Works.

• Like 2

Yes.  Here they are... http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-Thin-Coco-Bolo-Grips.aspx

I also replaced the factory magazine break with this one, http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-SP01Solid-Mag-Break.aspx  which allows the mags to drop free.

And I use the 11.5# hammer spring and extended firing pin needed to go with the lighter spring, both offered by Cajun Gun Works.

Thanks,  As you say, the more familiar I get with the gun, I'll definitely check out the mods you mentioned.  I may start with the grips pretty quickly -- something about wood on a black gun appeals to me...

Thanks,  As you say, the more familiar I get with the gun, I'll definitely check out the mods you mentioned.  I may start with the grips pretty quickly -- something about wood on a black gun appeals to me...

I should warn that those panels were not a perfect fit on my gun.  There was a slight bit of wiggle which annoyed me.  I put a little silicone around the inside of the panels, doused the frame with gun oil then assembled the panels to let the silicone cure, then removed and trimmed off the excess silicone....a poor man's glass bedding, I guess.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to yet.  It will probably be Friday before I can.  I'll definitely give a follow-up when I do.  I always have this paranoid fear that I'll be the one guy that gets the lemon and winds up with a jam-o-matic...  :nervous: But from everything I've read about this gun, and from the way it feels in my hand, I'm expecting nothing but 9mm bliss.

Lots of gun owners refer to a break-in period (first couple hundred rounds or so). I don't believe in it, myself. In fact one of my friends seats his 9mm reloads to near the max length and I reload mine about halfway between the min and max. Neither of us have cycling issues in our CZs even when they're new.

I think a CZ trigger feels a little gritty out of the box. It doesn't affect reliability, though and it does go away quickly as the fire control group parts get some wear. I recommend using a snap cap and dry fire the problem away before your first range trip.
  • Like 1