This is irritating

When 200 people are arrested and only 9 got shot,  either the incident is grossly misreported or they were the worst shots to ever pick up a handgun.  5 year old kids hit their parents with 100% accuracy, but a 'gang' of hardened thugs (going by the news angle here) in a gigantic brawl with fewer hits than a typical school shooting???    

Or was it 5 or so armed thugs  in a crowd of 200+ mostly decent folks?

We probably wont get any answers to those questions, but 9 people shot was way too few for the size of the 'riot'  if it were truly a pair of 'violent gangs' going at it.  I would have said 30+ victims would be in order at least. 

Nine is only the only number of fatalities.  Most reports have another 18 wounded.  That brings it to 27, which isn't too far off your estimate of 30 victims.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the media referring to them as gangs. That's what they acted like.

It's up to the public to realize that all MC clubs aren't gangs, just like we realize all rednecks don't have a noose in the bed of their truck, all gay people don't have AIDS, all Hispanics aren't here illegally, all Muslims aren't terrorists, and all Democrats aren't commie-douchebag-hippie-A*holes.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 3

Nine is only the only number of fatalities.  Most reports have another 18 wounded.  That brings it to 27, which isn't too far off your estimate of 30 victims.

I see that now.  My fault for reading the exec summary page instead of a full article!

I don't have a problem with the media referring to them as gangs. That's what they acted like.

It's up to the public to realize that all MC clubs aren't gangs, just like we realize all rednecks don't have a noose in the bed of their truck, all gay people don't have AIDS, all Hispanics aren't here illegally, all Muslims aren't terrorists, and all Democrats aren't commie-douchebag-hippie-A*holes.

But all Democrats ARE commie-douchebag-hippie-A*holes! :)

So looking forward to the Hog Rally this week in Cookeville! Or not...

I'll be stocking up on groceries for the week after work tonight. Also cut my hours back this week so I only have to come into town twice during the whole shebang. Just a heads up if you're coming to the area it's Tuesday - Saturday night.

Yeah, them over-fed mid-life crisis greybeards sporting the leathers with the price tags still on 'em, the born to be mild tattoos, and the Visa/MasterCard scooters can be a rough crowd. I would stay clear of the Cracker Barrel and Outback just to be safe, and try not to run over any of them. More bikers/motorcyclists get killed from cagers with cellphone fixation and a textual addiction than ever got killed in any shoot-out at a preppy wanna-be strip club. Just my take on it.

• Like 4

So lemme get this straight. . .

If I join a biker gang I'll likely be stuck out in the parking lot fighting with a rival gang over parking space. :yuck:

If I don't, I'll get to huddle in the cooler with the twin peaks servers and staff "for our protection".  :pleased:  :stunned:   

With outcomes like that, why would anyone ever want to join a biker gang? :popcorn:

• Like 1

Yeah, them over-fed mid-life crisis greybeards sporting the leathers with the price tags still on 'em, the born to be mild tattoos, and the Visa/MasterCard scooters can be a rough crowd. I would stay clear of the Cracker Barrel and Outback just to be safe, and try not to run over any of them. More bikers/motorcyclists get killed from cagers with cellphone fixation and a textual addiction than ever got killed in any shoot-out at a preppy wanna-be strip club. Just my take on it.

Yes, I was informed by a long time local yesterday that it's mostly rich or retired dentists, accountants and other not so scary people.

Where I am from, any hog rally meant a much different crowd than what this will be. Or so I am told. I don't have a problem with either kind as long as they leave me alone. But I also do not want to deal with extra traffic, accidents or other BS so I choose to stay out of town to avoid it. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500

Well, as it looks now, the media isn't trying to spin this as a gun control thing..It looks now as if they are trying to spark some fear mongering that their is somehow a huge problem with violent "bike gangs" in the US...

Ridiculous :rofl:  This garbage is straight out of hollywood..Our media is nothing more than a big top circus show...

Outlaw club problems with the public are very rare. There is a greater chance of some mental lefty shooting innocent people or wacking em with a hammer or machete.
In fact, I've been shot at just because I was on a harley, I didn't know it but some freakshows think harley riders are racist. This was about 15 years ago and a heard the distinct sound of the business end of a boom stick, look over to where it came from and see a thug hanging out of the back seat of a car window driving in the other lane. Luckily he missed and there was a grass patch between us which probably saved me from his poor aim. Same group did two other drive by's that day.

People are great aren't they!
  • Like 1

This site may help some understand  http://www.rcvsmc.net/id16.html

I learned some of this the hard way.

I believe that site or one like it came up a while back in a different thread. As a motorcycle rider and liberty minded individual, the whole thing just makes me shake my head. "Territories" and "domainant club"s? Sheesh.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 2

after being stuck watching CNN about it for 1/2 an hour over lunch today, watching them blather on about this incident, what crossed my mind is that "if only they had arrested perps and investigated fully the last murder/shooting rampage near waco".   

• Like 1

Ever notice that Sturgess Motor cycle meet has been going on for about 40 years and it never has any issues that make the news. That is the biggest Biker meet in the country every year and never has any trouble to make the news................ :shrug:

All biker groups are not gangs. Some are and some are not. Just because you see a group of bikers out for a ride does not mean they are outlaws. I guess many folks think the Patriot Riders are a gang to because they ride in a group and attend all of the Veteran funerals and fly American flags and wear leathers......................... :shrug: :shrug:

Who said anything about the Patriot Riders? Theres a pretty clear cut difference between a biker gang and a club like the PR. As you mentioned they ride to show support for their fallen brothers. The Blue Knights are a group of cops who like to ride and have fun and show support for their brothers. The Banditso, HA, Mongols, etc. control major corners of the crystal meth market in their respective territories along with running extortion, kidnapping/prostitution, and murder for hire, along with showing support for their brothers, provided they don't go against the grain or even worse effect profitability for their multi million dollar organizations*. They are the kind of people who will kill themselves, each other and anyone who gets in their way over territory rights to property none of them own.

How you can equate the two at all beyond them both riding bikes is beyond me, and I'm sure most other people.

*In cases of the top 3.

• Like 6

I believe that site or one like it came up a while back in a different thread. As a motorcycle rider and liberty minded individual, the whole thing just makes me shake my head. "Territories" and "domainant club"s? Sheesh.

Exactly how I felt reading that. "Ask permission to creat a club" "rival clubs"?

I'm a grown ass man. I don't have rivals.
  • Like 2

Ever notice that Sturgess Motor cycle meet has been going on for about 40 years and it never has any issues that make the news. That is the biggest Biker meet in the country every year and never has any trouble to make the news................ :shrug:

More like 75 years. "Never has any trouble to make the news". Yea, right. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  Maybe its changed since I was there 25 years ago.

I didn't mean to get anyone rattled by posting the website about the different types of biker clubs and what it takes to start one. I just wanted to give anyone, here on TGO a little information about the mind set of some of the guys that belong to these hard core clubs (gangs). I never belonged to any of them, but I was around them for 40 years. I learned about how you had to play their games when some friends and I wanted to start a biker club to honor Vietnam POW/MIA's in Florida. All we wanted to do is be left alone, and ride for all the Brothers we left behind in Vietnam.  But if your going to put a "rocker" on the back of your vest showing who you are, then you have to play by their rules. Once we told them what we were all about, and showed them that we respected their rules, we had no problems with any of the MCs in the area.

Oh, to get back to the OP. The guy who thought he would let all those gangs sit down, have a Sunday lunch and play nice together in his restaurant is a money hungry IDIOT. If he didn't think there would be trouble, why were the police in the parking lot?

Edited by crossfire

Ahem...

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sturgisrallydaily/arrested-in-rally-sex-sting/article_5b6d4c5b-dbfa-5c3a-bb00-1820143826d9.html

Edited by btq96r

Who said anything about the Patriot Riders? Theres a pretty clear cut difference between a biker gang and a club like the PR. As you mentioned they ride to show support for their fallen brothers. The Blue Knights are a group of cops who like to ride and have fun and show support for their brothers. The Banditso, HA, Mongols, etc. control major corners of the crystal meth market in their respective territories along with running extortion, kidnapping/prostitution, and murder for hire, along with showing support for their brothers, provided they don't go against the grain or even worse effect profitability for their multi million dollar organizations*. They are the kind of people who will kill themselves, each other and anyone who gets in their way over territory rights to property none of them own.

How you can equate the two at all beyond them both riding bikes is beyond me, and I'm sure most other people.

*In cases of the top 3.

Nice goin' Snoob. This nails it. Well said. Edited by EssOne
  • Like 1

So there seems to be other issues coming out of this. Stories about people who were not involved in the violence being arrested for simply being there are emerging as I thought they would. The "police cancelling" another motorcycle rally somewhere else in the state? What happened to freedom of assembly? I suspect there's a mess of lawsuits on the horizon.

• Like 1

Ok , so Sturgis has had a few incidents but if you consider the number of bikers that gather for it you would have expected a lot more than that over the 75 years. I have a friend that rides a lot and he is what is called a Free Rider to the gangs because he has friends in a few or them so he can ride with them but not wear their colors or patches. He use to go to Sturgis every year but age has finally got hold of him and his old Nam injuries are finally showing up. He only ride local now but he stopped by yesterday and we had a long talk about all of this. I learned a lot about the gangs I didn't know. I didn't even know you could ride with them as a Free rider till yesterday. Just have to follow a few rules to do so. Like you cannot ride in first 6 positions as they are reserved for the Gang leaders and you cannot pass them. When they stop, you stop. You can exit the ride at any time just by pulling off on side road with right arm raised. Sorry but he is my friend but his likes on somethings don't blend well and riding with a gang even in a Free Ride would not be for me.........jmho

*In cases of the top 3.

I did not mean anything negative at all about the Patriot Guard and I have the utmost respect for them and even know many of them. I said many people that don't know the difference would assume that because they ride in a large group they are a gang and don't know how to separate a Gang from a Club. Like I said I meant no disrespect at all towards the Patriot Guard. If I could still ride I would ride with them............... :up: :up:

• Like 3