This is irritating

The Mafia had meetings between rival families as well.

I'm sure the Waco PD made a lot of arrests that aren't going to stick, and even some legitimate ones that will be hard to keep due to the shear size of the calamity.   That being said, criminal activity occurred at that meeting when things got violent, and maybe even before if organized crime statues can be applied to the way the outlaw clubs think they can run "turf" like they own it and run roughshod over legitimate clubs who just want to ride.

• Like 1

...... and maybe even before if organized crime statues can be applied to the way the outlaw clubs think they can run "turf" like they own it and run roughshod over legitimate clubs who just want to ride.

Motorcycle club members have indeed been convicted under RICO laws in the past.

- OS

Just saying there is another side of the story. Christian and Legacy Vets are not outlaws. I think the law might have over reacted to this scenario and wouldn't be surprised if all the dead were killed by the law.
  • Like 1

The Mafia had meetings between rival families as well.

I'm sure the Waco PD made a lot of arrests that aren't going to stick, and even some legitimate ones that will be hard to keep due to the shear size of the calamity. That being said, criminal activity occurred at that meeting when things got violent, and maybe even before if organized crime statues can be applied to the way the outlaw clubs think they can run "turf" like they own it and run roughshod over legitimate clubs who just want to ride.

A club that just wants to ride is an RC or riding club. Most MC'S will leave independent riders and RC guys alone. The only time you will run in to an issue is if you put on a 3 piece patch with an MC cube. The clubs who were that have earned that right by following traditional club protocols and rules in their conduct and orgnazation. If you throw that on you not just looking to ride, especially once you add a bottom rocker with territory. That is seen as claiming turf. If you wanna just ride join your local HOG chapter or similar, pay the entry fee, sew on the 1 piece patch and ride the hell out of it. And nobody will bother you one bit. The clubs at this meet included Christian and Veteran clubs, it was a Coalition of Clubs meet to discuss local affairs. This could be anything from one club acting like jackasses to helmet laws. Some guys got in a fist fight, a weapon supposedly got pulled and someone let off the first round. I would say several, if not all of the bikers were killed by police. Forensics will tell. Looking at the pictures, police were shooting into a backdrop that included unarmed, non combatants as well as into the parking lots beyond. It will be months before the full story every comes out, if it does. But the damage is done, the media has vilified all those involved whether they deserved it or not. And once again, all motorcycle clubs are gonna be the bad guy.
  • Like 1

Read something about well over 100 weapons being found stashed or dropped at the crime scene....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems that I heard it on the interwebs too..... Of that 100 weapons how many were actually handguns? Likely a lot of knives, wallet chains etc were counted... 

• Like 1

A club that just wants to ride is an RC or riding club. Most MC'S will leave independent riders and RC guys alone. The only time you will run in to an issue is if you put on a 3 piece patch with an MC cube. The clubs who were that have earned that right by following traditional club protocols and rules in their conduct and orgnazation. If you throw that on you not just looking to ride, especially once you add a bottom rocker with territory. That is seen as claiming turf. If you wanna just ride join your local HOG chapter or similar, pay the entry fee, sew on the 1 piece patch and ride the hell out of it. And nobody will bother you one bit.

A number of years ago I had to walk away from a group of friends who I rode with as the so called president of the RC had taken it upon himself to design a new 3 piece patch complete with rocker.... Didn't take long before everyone else ended up walking to as sure enough they started attracting unwanted attention from some real MC'ers.... 

• Like 1

Seems that I heard it on the interwebs too..... Of that 100 weapons how many were actually handguns? Likely a lot of knives, wallet chains etc were counted...

Don't know the answer to that, but having a REAL hard time believing that this is just a case of over-zealous police categorizing biker lifestyle accessories as weapons.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

One of my sons came home today for lunch.  He said that a biker club/gang was leaving a strip mall just north of hwy 64 off of north Germantown parkway.  I guess they had lunch at one of the restaurants.   Said that one of the bikers took it upon himself to block two of the three south bound lanes of Germantown parkway so the rest of the club/gang could get out of the strip mall.  Said Bartlett Police happen to show up in an unmarked  car and put a stop to it.

A good way to represent a club

Not unheard of, if you have a large group of bikes. It is done so all the bikes can stay together and no cars get mixed with the group. It's not right, and shouldn't be done, I never liked it.

For that matter I never liked riding in large groups.

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 2