I Got A Lone Wolf barrel For My Glock

tercel89

I got a Lone Wolf Barrel for my Glock 22. A conversion barrel to let me shoot 9mm in it. So far it shoots my reloads nicely . Ejection and extraction is very nice and reliable. All I did was take out my stock .40 barrel and drop in the 40-9 conversion barrel. I am using all stock Glock 22 .40 factory parts other than the magazine which is a G17 mag.  

My question is have any of you ever went ahead and changed out the .40 extractor and replaced it with a 9mm extractor ? If so did you NEED to or was it for piece of mind ?

I checked the ejector and the 9mm cartridges seem to line up just fine with it so no problem there.

Maybe I am just looking into things too much but with all my stock G22 parts , this barrel is awesome  :up:

I have only fired it for reliably purposes so far . I will check accuracy later .

Anyone have any information on if they ever had to change out other things as far as extractors ?

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/lonewolf_zpsn8yinlyg.jpg.html]lonewolf_zpsn8yinlyg.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89

The only thing similar I've done is to get a 357 sig for a G24, and it was a straight drop-in as well. No problems at all with it.

Of course the 40/357 cases are pretty close to identical as far as this model is concerned.

I'm interested in the replies in this as well, been thinking about getting a 9mm barrel for my M&P40

I just got a picture of it posted up here. They dont have the big wolf on top anymore. Now they have a small picture of a wolf and the model number both on the left side of the barrel's chamber that is hidden by the left side of the gun's slide.

Edited by tercel89

The caliber conversion aspects of the LW barrel are appealing so I suspect one in 9mmP for my g-22 is going to happen fairly soon. Fortunately I already have a few g-17 magazines. Still that's not going to stop me from looking for a killer deal on a 4th gen g-19... 

I'm interested in the replies in this as well, been thinking about getting a 9mm barrel for my M&P40

I did this without any issues. I bought a standard S&W M&P 9mm barrel and magazines and hit the range. No need for the LW barrel for the swap in caliber.

I have  a deputy sheriff friend who doesn't even use a conversion barrel, he just drops a 34 OEM barrel into his 35 and goes to town.  I asked him about this one time and he told me for shooting steel the accuracy and reliability is just fine.  I think I would go for the conversion barrel regardless.

• Like 2

I did this without any issues. I bought a standard S&W M&P 9mm barrel and magazines and hit the range. No need for the LW barrel for the swap in caliber.

Ditto. Bought a regular M&P 9 barrel used from a forum member and threw it in my M&P40. Heck, it even worked with the 40 mags if I kept it under around 10-11rds in the mags at a time. Any more than that and it would have feeding problems. I eventually got a 9 mag and it's been flawless since.
  • Like 1
I had no problems with a 9mm conversion barrel when I had a 27. I dropped in the barrel, used a 26 magazine and it was perfectly reliable. I wouldn't bother switching anything else unless you want to carry it with 9mm.
  • Like 1

I have  a deputy sheriff friend who doesn't even use a conversion barrel, he just drops a 34 OEM barrel into his 35 and goes to town.  I asked him about this one time and he told me for shooting steel the accuracy and reliability is just fine.  I think I would go for the conversion barrel regardless.

It looks as if the area where the barrel comes out through the slide would have a lot of wiggle room , and maybe too much wiggle room since the diameter of the 9mm is smaller than the 40 .Which is why  Lone Wolf's conversion barrel is so thick . But thats great to know that the 34 works when dropped into a 35 :up:  .

I wonder if the striker hits the Primer a little to one side more than the other ?

Edited by tercel89

I also use the Lone wolf conversion barrel in my glock 22. It is more accurate but you can only use 124 gr not 115 gr, bullets. I did swap out the 40 spring for the 9mm spring but use the original extractor. I found the Wolf barrel more accurate than the Glock barrel.

I also use the Lone wolf conversion barrel in my glock 22. It is more accurate but you can only use 124 gr not 115 gr, bullets. I did swap out the 40 spring for the 9mm spring but use the original extractor. I found the Wolf barrel more accurate than the Glock barrel.

So far so good with my reloads. My reloads that I make are 115 grains and it shoots them fine. But the next pack of bullets I get will be a heavier 9mm.

So far so good with my reloads. My reloads that I make are 115 grains and it shoots them fine. But the next pack of bullets I get will be a heavier 9mm.

A word of caution for you, one of the most common issues with LW is their tight throats. I can't shoot 124gr flat points through my LW unless I seat them really deep.

A word of caution for you, one of the most common issues with LW is their tight throats. I can't shoot 124gr flat points through my LW unless I seat them really deep.

I have heard about their chambers being kinda short and tight . So far my cartridges are feeding pretty good. I am seating and crimping them by using a factory target round as a model .

I saw an older Hickok45 video where he was shooting a G21 with a LW barrell and had some feeding problems because of the tighter chamber. BUT, he was shooting lead cast bullets he made himself, he talked about seating them in futher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0s6YV0Di7M

Edited by K191145
I had issues with Berry's 124 gr plated bullets in mine. Other than that, 115 gr Fiocchi was all that I have tried. I have some 124 gr lead that I need to try, but I have dedicated 9mm Glocks so it doesnt get priority.

I have a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 22 Gen 4.  Only things I have to swap out are the barrel and the mags.  I have never had a problem with it.  It just drops in and works.

• Like 1