Tennessee Arms lower

Just sold mine but it is far and away the best poly lower I've ever seen. Threaded brass inserts for grip and stock. Very well made. My one and only complaint was a couple of burrs in the detent sprin passageways. No biggie, just took several minutes with a dentist pick to clean it out. Fit was tight.
I bought mine for $60 out the door. $50 plus $10 for a lower ain't bad.
I had one, was not pleased at all. The rear takedown pin would pull completely out of the hole if you weren't super gentle with it. I emailed them simply to give them a heads up, since they had sent me an email asking me to review their product. I was planning on buying one of their fde lowers since they match Magpul so well, ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about the strength of the polymer at contact points and how it held up to repeated use....pin removal/insertion and such. Does the pivot pin hole in the front deform after long term use? It seems that an aluminum lower would be more reliable...this is my first AR  and I want to build it right. The price difference between the aluminum and poly lowers is fairly close.....I will have to do more research I guess. Thanks you gents.

I was wondering about the strength of the polymer at contact points and how it held up to repeated use....pin removal/insertion and such. Does the pivot pin hole in the front deform after long term use? It seems that an aluminum lower would be more reliable...this is my first AR and I want to build it right. The price difference between the aluminum and poly lowers is fairly close.....I will have to do more research I guess. Thanks you gents.

I should have clarified, mine was that way when I received it. The rear takedown hole was just drilled too large. Do yourself a favor and get a $39.95 Anderson lower from fatboytactical, you'll thank me later.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I have one that I got engraved and had to send back because the takedown spring hole was too tight and the spring got stuck inside with no way to take it back out. They sent me a new one but I haven't tried putting it together yet. It may be a hit or miss thing.

As far as shooting it goes, I hear they hold up well. I'll find out when I finish building it.

I looked at those when the aluminum lowers were at their peak in price but decided against them, just not a big fan of them.  Now that many aluminum ones can be had for cheap I can't see an upside to them except maybe perhaps some weight but even that is negligible.  If they were the 80% type then maybe you can list that as a positive but so many aluminum lowers can be had via private sale that even that would not be much of a selling point then considering that aluminum 80% ones are also getting a bit cheaper I would not go for it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I've only had bad experiences. I had one and it wouldn't run right. The whole thing was out of spec. I sent it back twice and was given various reasons as to why. I received it back with what looked like dremeled out areas. It never worked right. Folow others advise and get an aluminum lower from fatboy.