Article: "Evaluating the Left's Madness on Gun Control"

This article has some good information and ammo against an anti gunner anyone could use. Not all of it new of course but it is well organized and educational just the same. Martin O'Malley spouts off and brags about his gun restricting laws passed under his watch in Maryland. William Sullivan gives a great response to all liberal control freaks.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/06/evaluating_the_lefts_madness_on_gun_control.html

• Like 1

excellent article....  

to the point and thoughtfully written...

here's what l struggle with...

I consider myself a reasonable conservative, willing to examine and try to understand ideas and ideology that i don't necessarily agree with.  I have an open mind.

yet, when i share an article like this, or even ideology like this with someone people whom i disagree with, even ones i think are reasonably intelligent, they cannot even grasp these concepts as reasonable...  

and i am left baffled and re examining what i believe...  and always to the same conclusion...  that they are indeed incapable of reason or logic...  

how does one share logical and reasonably unbiased text, such as this (it is biased as it clearly understands the 2nd amendment for what it means, as opposed to the "interpretation of the day")

i'm tired of ravenous ignorance and "spin"...

and yet even educated and thoughtful people will read this article, and fail to comprehend even the tiniest bit of it's logic...

why??  (real question)  

perhaps i am no different or better??  

as i read the articles and editorials that they all deem logical and thoughtful and find it to be pure puke.

The difference being, i don't care to impose my peaceful/civil/moral belief on those who disagree with me... 

Edited by crashgordan
  • Like 4
i read the articles and editorials that they all deem logical and thoughtful and find it to be pure puke. The difference being, i don't care to impose my belief on those who disagree with me...

I think that's it. The Liberals are loud about everything they want to push down the throat of society. They don't want us to think for ourselves but rather to listen to them, follow them and agree with them. If you don't you're attacked in the hopes they can discredit you or shut you up. So many people today are far to busy to think for themselves about where these policies of anti freedom will take them. They are just persuaded by what they hear and again, that takes us back to the Liberals being so loud about everything they want and they are very willing to lie and use anything, even horrible things like the Charleston deaths to attain their goals. Their lies are seldom rebuked by any of the leaders of the Conservative party and when they are they are quieted by the shouting of the Left.

• Like 2

I thought all of this was settled back a few years ago when the SCOTUS made their decision on the 2nd Amendment and declared it totally legal and said it will remain as written and said that the issue is not be brought up again in this court as it will not be heard. That means that were are stuck dealing with most everything with state governments and what damage they can do to our freedoms and lives..........jmho 

Liberals Today Are not real Liberals.

The Classical Liberalism view is a political idea of liberty and equality that supports the unalienable rights of the Individual to chose.

Today's Liberals are really Progressives, advocating their view as Social Justice.  In many ways these Progressives are really followers of Statism - the belief that the state should control economic and/or social policy to some degree.  To what degree is based on what they agree with and not what you might agree with.  They demand that the state will select the choice for you...., by force if need be.

They are hypocrites to call themselves Liberals.

• Like 3

I thought all of this was settled back a few years ago when the SCOTUS made their decision on the 2nd Amendment and declared it totally legal and said it will remain as written and said that the issue is not be brought up again in this court as it will not be heard. That means that were are stuck dealing with most everything with state governments and what damage they can do to our freedoms and lives..........jmho 

I've done a little research on the SCOTUS reversing decisions. Apparently it's pretty hard but it can and has been done. Something like the Liberals drooling desire for gun control and confiscation and their complete lack of scruples and "anything for the cause" attitude makes me think if they ever get the majority they will do whatever it takes to reverse 2nd amendment decisions. Here's an article I found that gives some examples.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/10-overturned-supreme-court-cases.htm

I suppose time will tell. We have some very old justices in place. A Conservative majority will not last forever.

• Authorized Vendor

Concerning liberals.... We may be the first society in history to completely divorce self-esteem from actual accomplishment and self-worth. So, what happens when little Johnny, who coasted through school being told how "special" he was gets into the real world and starts getting his teeth kicked in on a regular basis because he brings nothing of value to the table? Next thing you know, he's marching at an Occupy protest, demanding government handouts and trolling the comment sections on conservative websites because he doesn't understand why he can't do anything productive with his life despite the fact he's been told that he's gifted. Instead of building a kid's self-esteem, we should be teaching him how to be good at things. Then he'll be of use to himself, his family and his society while building REAL self-esteem in the process.

• Like 7
Madness is the key word. It seems to me that those that make the news are completely void of any rational thought. I've read more crazy shit these last 6 years than the rest of my 40+.

Bat guano crazy! They will never stop because their madness can't be satisfied.

I do believe the small arms treaty will be jammed down our throats here shortly as well as any other insane half baked idea those in power decide.

Who will guard the guards?

An unarmed citizenry at the mercy of a liberal OR conservative guv'mint.

Won't happen here? Why? Because our "elected servants" actually believe in the rights of man or have any type of moral compass that respects the individual?

The 2A is for us to protect ourselves against oppressive guv'mint; the Declaration of Independence charges us with the duty to change guv'mint when it becomes oppressive.

From a self defense perspective, which could be considered the "next level" of the 2A, I would like to see the statistics for those killed by legally owned and obtained guns while attempting to commit a criminal attack against the gun owner.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose time will tell. We have some very old justices in place. A Conservative majority will not last forever.

We have 4 overall Conservative although they do get thing wrong 4 Progressives and one moderate justice.   We haven't had a Conservative Majority in Scotus in more then 50 years.

Thanks

Robert