full auto and/or 50 BMG shooting event near East TN?

Greetings,

I'm new to the area, and I was curious if there are any regular shoting events that allow you to shoot full auto or 50 BMG around East TN.  Obviously I mean using their guns, since I'll never own them.  

I've heard of Knob Creek in KY, which looks like about a 5 hr drive, but are there any other regular events like that closer?   I've seen a couple ranges that let you rent FA, but it's usually expensive, and limited to only a couple mags.  That might be how it is at Knob Creek too for all I know. 

Thanks,

Rusty

For a couple of years they had a shoot at the now-closed Black Dog range north of Cookeville. 

They keep talking about restarting the shoots at the Camden, TN range.  That's still about 5 hours from you.

Most shoots like that are either renting machine guns by the magazine (or a short length of belt) or letting you shoot your own.

There are a couple of private ranges that allow full-auto rifle calibers.  And most TN state ranges allow full-auto in pistol calbers.  You have to bring your own guns and ammo, of course.

I've heard rumors of a full-auto shoot in North Georgia.  I don't know anything more than that.

If you haven't been to Knob Creek, it is definitely an experience!!

Thanks for the info.  

I know that Buds TN range has a couple FA rentals, but I don't recall what they were.  If they allow those to be shot, I supposed they should allow personally owned FA guns as well, up to whatever caliber their range can handle.  It's unlikely I'll have to worry about that, unless they overturn that 1986 ban on new FA weapons and they hit the market at a reasonable price.  Not very likely.  

I'll definitely plan to do Knob Creek one of these years.  It sounds like a pretty worthwhile road trip.  

Cheers,

Rusty

I'll definitely plan to do Knob Creek one of these years.  It sounds like a pretty worthwhile road trip.  

Been there, seen that, it's a got to do. Take some money with you. The flea market is great. It takes hours to get through it. There is a machine gun rental and a jungle walk. Plan on staying for the night shoot Plenty of tracers, explosives, and gasoline. Nothing is cheap. But it's something you will not see every weekend and will remember for the rest of your life.

I've been there the last couple times its been held. I just go for the vendor tables. It's like a massive gun show, but with full auto's and everything you could imagine thats extremely hard to find. I got my first M249 kit there, and have been picking up random stuff here and there every time I go. Next time I'll be getting a M60 parts kit to finish one up.

Side note. Mike (LawenforcementSales) and myself have been talking about hosting a machine gun shoot and bringing our post samples out for people to shoot. Still looking for a place to host it, but we've got some good idea's once we find a place. It's in the works :)

I've been there the last couple times its been held. I just go for the vendor tables. It's like a massive gun show, but with full auto's and everything you could imagine thats extremely hard to find. I got my first M249 kit there, and have been picking up random stuff here and there every time I go. Next time I'll be getting a M60 parts kit to finish one up.

Side note. Mike (LawenforcementSales) and myself have been talking about hosting a machine gun shoot and bringing our post samples out for people to shoot. Still looking for a place to host it, but we've got some good idea's once we find a place. It's in the works :)

There is a guy selling a E4 kit in the EE section over on ar15.com

the range where I shoot just posted no FA or 50's, where you shoot?

• Like 1