Karl Rove: Only Way To Stop The Violence Is To Repeal Second Amendment

I don't really even like talking about this because I don't want to give the bad guys any ideas but I've long worried about church safety. The Muslim extremist do preach death to Christians after all.

I've thought about talking to my elders about this but I know their response. They don't want to officially condone violence but won't kick anybody out for being armed. I know several members that are armed, including one of the elders.

If I am not mistaken this issue was taken up in the SCOTUS a few years back and it was determined by the Court that the 2Nd Amendment will stand as written and will not be infringed upon.

You are mistaken. The rights of people under the 2nd amendment is infringed every day; it’s called States Rights. The Supreme Court again this month refused to weigh in on that issue.

They also stated that they will not now of in the future hear any more cases pertaining to the 2nd Amendment period. So they can say all they want about taking away the guns but the SCOTUS says no so I just don't see it happening in our lifetime..............jmho

If a Constitutional Convention is held and the 2nd amendment is changed or repealed; the SCOTUS doesn’t have jack to say about it.

The Supreme Court will be almost totally changed in 10 years.

The Supreme Court will be almost totally changed in 10 years.

Yep. Which is why we need to be vigilant about who gets approved.

If there can be solid Republican majorities in the House and Senate, I'm actually not too worried about there being in Dem in the White House (even thought the Dem is going to be Hillary). One party controlling the legislative and executive branches is unlikely to be good for those who love freedom. When it comes to the federal government, gridlock is good.

Cheers,
Whisper

If there can be solid Republican majorities in the House and Senate, I'm actually not too worried about there being in Dem in the White House (even thought the Dem is going to be Hillary).

I wish I shared your confidence in the current Republican majorities in the House and Senate, given who they have confirmed lately with regard to presidential nominees.

I hope you are correct, but "only a pessimist is capable of being truly pleasantly surprised."

• Like 1

I never liked this guy much even during the Bush Administration... and he's been worthless the last several years. Hey, Carl, go retire somewhere and shut up.

I agree. Hey, take your white board and stick-it!

Guys, I'd ask you to reflect on Mr. Rove's statement here before you start mailing out checks to the GOP this fall. Think about it again in November when you are about to pull the lever for the GOP establishment "candidate that can win" the general election.

This is what you keep getting with the party hardliners. Personally, I'd rather have Hillary Clinton in office. At least we won't be surprised by her actions.

Mr. Rove has just let the cat out of the bag. The neo-conservatives have rushed to power on three issues:

1. stop abortions.

2. Keep gays from getting married.

3. We'll let you keep your guns.

The sad truth is they don't care about any of those issues. And they won't do anything meaningful to work those issues. The only thing they care about is making lots of money for themselves and their uber-rich friends. When a Democrat (who are not gun friendly, but admit it) says something like this you are up in arms and want to lynch them. When a Neo-Con says it, you claim we have misinterpreted it and gloss it over. Karl Rove meant exactly what he said. These people are not Conservatives and will not follow a true Conservative agenda. Right now we (Conservatives) have no friends in the Republican Party.

Edited by wjh2657

I think it all stems from fear.  Fear that I am not so easily controlled.  A good solid rifle levels out the playing field and makes an individual [with NO training or logistical support]  VERY dangerous.  

"Tha Man" poops his pants at the thought of uncontrollable free thinkers that value liberty.  Many a Redcoat had brown knickers.  

How DARE you try to think for yourself! The way you talk, you'd think that's part of what this country was founded upon or something! :usa:

Funny how when the people this society sees as "free thinkers" - progressives (liberals), dopers, anarchists, atheists, pedophiles, and YES, MUSLIMS, just to name a few, among all manner of other ungodly crap - want to practice their version of "free thinking," they are not only left alone, they are applauded. But when conservatives wish to think for themselves using old fashioned things like common sense and morality, and when we dare to have the desire to be able to defend ourselves and our families, we are lied about, demonized, and shunned. Well, like someone else said here, I've gotten to the point in my life that I just don't care what they think. And the more people shun me, well, kinda makes me happy.

And, as for those "uncontrollable free thinkers that value liberty," seems like I read somewhere that they are kind of how we got here back in the 16&1700's. I, for one, am all for continuing that line of thought!

Caster, methinks those Redcoats with brown knickers just weren't used to folks who had gotten fed up with bowing down and being enslaved. Whatcha think?

Edited by res308