Potential New Knife Purchase

I'm currently having a fight within myself. I can't decide if I want an Emerson, Zero Tolerance or ProTech knife. I'm not quite sure on the model but they all seem to be in the same ballpark when it comes to price. I don't even know what I'll do or when I'll do it but I guess fretting over my next purchase will give me something to do in my spare time.

The best carry knife I've ever owned was a Zero Tolerance, but in all fairness I've never had one of the other 2 brands. I will say that of all the knives I own, my Spyderco with an Emerson-like mod is the one I reach for every single day. There's just something about that thing flicking open on the pull that I really love. No matter how fast an automatic is or how easy an assisted open is, they don't compare to already being open when you draw it out. YMMV

I'd get the Emerson with the wave feature, if it were my money. Here's my favorite: http://emersonknives.com/shop/cqc-10/1410/ 

Edited by BigK

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/88453-tgo-punisher-tr4-official-thread/page-1

There you go! Have you already put in your order?

This is one of the reasons I'm struggling with this decision. I may put in an order late but at the moment I can't justify this purchase. It'll be on hold for a while. I want one of these knives because of the TGO logo. I know I haven't been on here long but this is by far the best forum I'm a member of.
  • Like 1

The best carry knife I've ever owned was a Zero Tolerance, but in all fairness I've never had one of the other 2 brands. I will say that of all the knives I own, my Spyderco with an Emerson-like mod is the one I reach for every single day. There's just something about that thing flicking open on the pull that I really love. No matter how fast an automatic is or how easy an assisted open is, they don't compare to already being open when you draw it out. YMMV

I'd get the Emerson with the wave feature, if it were my money. Here's my favorite: http://emersonknives.com/shop/cqc-10/1410/

I just like the look of the Emersons but then again I like the ProTech with the TGO logo on it.
Of course, I'm a wee bit prejudiced since I've got all the TGO Pro-tech knives, but they seem to be better made than a lot of comparably priced knives I've toyed with.

The Zero Tolerance 0350 I owned was a good knife, but way too heavy for pocket carry, and I really didn't like the bulkiness of it either.

That being said, I'm very much a knife novice. I had a few Case and Tree knives as a child. Gerbers and the occasional Boker or Benchmade later.

Now...6 Protechs, 4 Gerbers, 2 Benchmades, and a Kershaw pretty much encompass my knife "collection."