10.5" 300 Blackout SBR - Completed with new pics

FINALLY got this one done.

• PSA Lower
  • Radical Firearms complete 10.5" upper 1-8 twist melonited barrell.
  • Magpul K2 Grip
  • Nikon P-300 BLK 2-7 scope on M-223 mount.
  • BCM Mod 3 charging handle
  • Magpul ACS-L Stock
  • Magpul ASAP plate
  • Condor Cobra single point sling
I will eventually add an adjustable gas block but I want to see how it performs with the standard block first.

Now I just have to figure out how to reload for it haha. Apparently Lee dies aren't the greatest for re-sizing cut brass.

8e536fd5ae6789161ddc49249e914be1.jpg
148d94be2e15cc15287df0f49bc5042b.jpg Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Like 2

I was hoping to get to the range Saturday and get her sighted in but without the stock I'll probably be wasting my time.

Hold that carbine tube firmly alongside cheek as third point of contact, and you'll be almost as steady as with a stock.

Only thing is, with that scope, your eye relief won't be same as with a stock that way. If you had iron sights on it, that would be the way to test it out better without moving scope forward, then later back, but all in all guess that's not a big deal either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Damn you, you stole my build! Well, mine should be a tad lighter weight. Looks good though, especially once you get that tax stamp and put a stock on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

haha. You already built it or doing it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know how that upper works out, I've been looking at them and they seem to have decent prices but it's always good to hear reviews first!

Will do. I've read good stuff about them. The fit and finish on the hand guard is nothing to write home about but it's not bad by any means. Everything else on it seems just fine.

• Like 1

Should be a tad lighter and hopefully run a little cooler.
231FB2C2-0872-4405-86E4-A45E79B5B4E2_zps

That pic doesn't do it justice without that titanium muzzle-device you made on it. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk Edited by Ted S.

Hold that carbine tube firmly alongside cheek as third point of contact, and you'll be almost as steady as with a stock.

Only thing is, with that scope, your eye relief won't be same as with a stock that way. If you had iron sights on it, that would be the way to test it out better without moving scope forward, then later back, but all in all guess that's not a big deal either.

- OS

Surprisingly I can still get good eye relief using the tube. I am very impressed with the clarity and eye relief of this scope so far. It's consistent all the way through the magnification as well. None of that "halo" effect as you zoom in.

Got to shoot it today. Didn't go past 50 yards but got a good grouping. I wasn't steady enough without the stock to hope for anything good past 50. Shooting the Remington 120 grain umc. I'll be sighting it in with 125 grain noslers as well so I didn't see any point in fine tuning it with this ammo. I think I did anyway though.

Seems that the radical firearms uppers and barrels are good to go. The bolt and charging handle were stiff as all get out though. Have to do some breaking I'm on them. My other standard bolt wasn't like that. Maybe it's the melonite finish.

Disregard the small holes around it. That's stray .223.

9bbd7cdd5da48f9a574f32c9996cb7fd.jpg

Edited by maroonandwhite

Try some heavier rounds if you get the chance. Groups "may" tighten up a bit.

I'm gonna wait until the SBR comes in. Once I get a stock I have a feeling the groups will tighten up. I do want to try some sub sonics though as well. Gonna have to load a few up.

• 1 month later...

I've come to the conclusion that I hate single point slings but I feel like this one will serve me well when riding a four wheeler. This is a hunting gun and I just wanted something to hang on to the thing while riding. Once I get off and into the stand I just undo the little clip and leave the sling on. Should work out just fine.

Also to give a little further review on the upper I have had zero malfunctions with factory ammo. It doesn't seem to like my reloads though. I haven't diagnosed exactly why but they seem to either not go into battery completely or are very tight and hard to extract. I had an issue before with OAL but this issue I believe is happening at the case head. I suspect when converting the 5.56 brass I did not completely form the head. I have heard this issue is hit or miss with Lee dies. I am waiting on my bullet puller to come in so I can try again.

I have also discovered the need for a better trigger........

• Like 1