IMR 4166

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As far as I know.
It would not meter through my Lyman 55 without cutting kernels. Surprisingly this is the one thing the cheapazz Lee plastic measure is good for. It meters extruded powder without shearing and does it quite well. Mine ran +/- .2 grains. I weigh every charge on important stuff so I set the charge back .5g and trickled each one in. Much faster than using a dipper and weighing out each charge that way.

I've noticed 4166 runs MUCH cleaner than whatever Lake City loads M80 ball with. I mean a LOT cleaner.

These are the cartridges that Hogdon's website has reloading data for with IMR 4166, in various bullet weights:

204 Ruger
223 Remington
22-250 Remington
243 Winchester
6mm Remington
250-3000 Savage
257 Roberts
25-06 Remington
6.5 Creedmoor
260 Remington
270 Winchester
270 Winchester Short Magnum
7mm-08 Remington
30-30 Winchester
7.62x54r
308 Marlin Express
308 Winchester
30-06
300 Winchester Short Magnum
300 Winchester Magnum
303 British
8x57 Mauser
338 Federal
348 Winchester
9.3x74r
375 Ruger
405 Winchester
416 Remington Magnum
45-70 (Trapdoor)
45-70 (Lever action)

Edited by MrBrian

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.