Finally turned to the dark side.

Mykltn

So I've finally broke down and got a Glock. I've always been a 1911 fan boy but after having numerous folks twist my ear about the reliability, I decided to purchase my first Glock a G27 gen 4. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but I did make a new holster for it.
20150723_222120.jpg
20150723_222214.jpg

• Like 4
Yeah. I carried a 2nd gen G-27 for years then had an issued 4th gen G-27 and liked it a whole lot better. It's still a little fireplug though with rip and snort on both ends of the gun. All in all not such a bad set up. Nice leather work on the holster by the way.
Congrats! My first Glock was a 27 gen 3. Didn't like the small grip. Picked up a G23 and forget about it! Tremendous difference and would consider it since Glock is on your mind. Can't have too many!
Did something similar, but G23. Shot it with the wife this past weekend and now I'm looking for more. I was amazed at how accurate I was with it. Love my 1911, but . . .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I straddle the light and the dark.  I love both!  I will say Glocks are a boringly reliable though.  I still love my 1911s too.  A Springer GI  resides on my side of the bed. My Glock 17 resides on my wife's side.  She loved it so much back in 1990, that I gave it to her. Another reason I gave it to her, was to keep me from trading it off.

• Like 2

Congrats on the 27!  I also crossed (again) to the dark side this afternoon - bought a Gen 4 Glock 26.  Had a Gen 4 Glock 19 before, but traded it away (wanting to be different from everyone else, I guess).  But I rented a 26 at the range today to try it out before I bought it, and I was reminded once again - these things may be ugly, but I can shoot them better than pretty much anything else I own.  They just shoot that naturally for me.  YMMV of course...

I've carried a 27 in multiple generations since 1998. All I can say is reliable, compact and Rugged. It has a feel all to its own, run a bazillion rounds through it and you'll love it even more, congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! My first Glock was a 27 gen 3. Didn't like the small grip. Picked up a G23 and forget about it! Tremendous difference and would consider it since Glock is on your mind. Can't have too many!

A buddy of mine uses the G23 magazine in the G27 with an A&G mag spacer to make the grip longer but still keep the compact frame. Edited by Mykltn

I haven't got to shoot it yet...

Then it isn't too late to come to your senses and turn back. :pleased:   Seriously, I know they are good guns I just don't like them.  I hope you enjoy yours and it gives you great service.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine uses the G23 magazine in the G27 with an A&G mag spacer to make the grip longer but still keep the compact frame.

I do this with my 26 and a 19 mag to keep myself from getting a 19. My other is the 23 which I bought first and is in the nightstand.

Then it isn't too late to come to your senses and turn back. :pleased:   Seriously, I know they are good guns I just don't like them.  I hope you enjoy yours and it gives you great service.

In the words of Robert De Niro from Ronin "Oh, you know, it’s a tool box. I don’t care. You put the tools in for the job. That’s all."

In the words of Robert De Niro from Ronin "Oh, you know, it’s a tool box. I don’t care. You put the tools in for the job. That’s all."

I agree - and know they are darn fine tools.  They just feel awkward as heck in my hands to the point that I don't shoot them very well.

I agree - and know they are darn fine tools. They just feel awkward as heck in my hands to the point that I don't shoot them very well.

I felt the same way for years with every Glock I've shot but the G27 actually feels normal to me. I've been playing with the back straps and I think I've found the right grip ergonomics. Hopefully it'll all play out nicely at my next range visit. Edited by Mykltn

I have a Glock 19 Gen4. Everything they have said about it 1s true. The grip angle is weird. The grip is like holding a 2 x4. The trigger sucks and it's ugly. It is the pistol I keep by my bed and the one I train with. It is 100% reliable and accurate and it's light enough to carry often.
I just bought one from Dolomite. My first Glock. It's a Gen 3 17 and I love it, except that trigger. It's just to long a stroke on the first round. But i knew it wasn't gonna be a 1911 going in. Other than that it aims well, ran 100 rds through it this morning with no malfunctions. Gonna get a lot of time behind this thing, my handgun skills are sorely lacking.

Sent from the backwoods