Suppressed Glock 21 cycling issue (Gen 3)

I have a G21 and I have run two different suppressors on it with multiple types of ammo. It fires, and then ejects the round and ALMOST cycles back into full battery but just doesn't quite get there. (without the can it will cycle fine.) I have tried it on a Gen 4 so I am wondering if it's a spring issue. I would just sell the gun and get a Gen 4 but I have already put an RMR on it and don't want to go through that hassle again.

Anyone else had this issue? Anyone put an aftermarket spring in one of these? Anything else I am not thinking of? (I was wondering if cutting the RMR had anything to do with it, changing the weight and movement of the slide or something.)  Anyways, it's pissing me off and I don't want to go through $500 of remedies if I can help it.

Thanks!

Have you changed recoil springs?

No. Thats kinda where i am thinking the problem is. The gen 4 has a different recoil spring and i was wondering if that may make the difference.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I would take apart and clean the nelson devices. In my experience, a dirty or gunked up nelson devices will keep the gun from cycling.

It was a brand new can out of the box. I'll strip it down and see if there is anything that looks like a manufacturers defect but I may see if I can find someone with an aftermarket spring I can try.

Have you tried a Gen 3 to see if it makes a difference?

Mine is a Gen 3...but no, I haven't found a Gen 4 floating around. Regardless, I have a bunch of $$$ tied up in my current 21 due to the RMR optic and machining.

Mine is a Gen 3...but no, I haven't found a Gen 4 floating around. Regardless, I have a bunch of $$$ tied up in my current 21 due to the RMR optic and machining.

I was thrown off by the other post. I remember now. I have to believe it can be made reliable

My Gen4 19 runs a TiRant just fine. I've been thinking about an RMR. I can imagine the sight weighs much more than the regular sights plus the slide material removed combined.

My 19 runs great with a TiRant 9 can too. (Gen 4) The rmr is sweet when shooting with a can. I hate elevated sights. The only thing I don't like about the rmr on the small caliber glocks is the rmr is a hair wider than the frame. But that's just a compulsive looks thing for me. I don't think I would ever carry one or use for home defense, but its great at the range, hunting, etc.

My Gen4 19 runs a TiRant just fine. I've been thinking about an RMR. I can imagine the sight weighs much more than the regular sights plus the slide material removed combined.

Just another point of data, maybe not relevant to the OP's question.  I have a Gen4 G21, with RMR, factory Glock threaded barrel, and an Octane45 can.  I've been using the can for 300 blackout, but today I took it out and tried it on the G21 just to see how it worked.  I was shooting 230 gr reloads (don't tell Glock), which are loaded on the light side, and I had no problems at all.  Every round cycled, and the slide locked back on the last round.  The slide was noticeably slower to cycle, but it worked fine. 

Rusty

• Like 1