Roddy Piper dead.

K191145

I liked him when I was in grade school.  Lots of friends wore his shirts, 35+ years ago.

Whats up with these old wrestlers croaking?

Just an assumption but many have put a lot of those "enhancement" chemicals into their bodies over the years. Not saying Roddy did that, he wasn't one of the more built up wrestlers you see.

Whats up with these old wrestlers croaking?

Wear, tear, and physical stress, maybe?

Couple that with the wrong genetics and possible chemical "supplementation", and I can see where folks might kick off a bit sooner than most.

In the end, who knows?  His time was obviously just up.

Does seem like as good a way to go as any though.... have one helluva ride then die peacefully in bed? :shrug:

Edited by OldHat63

Condolences to his loved ones.  Death is never pleasant. 

Ok,  he wasn't a Jessie the Body,  but Rowdy Roddy Piper was a superstar. I loved the They Live movie.  Rememeber the fight scene that lasted forever?   It was the high point of his career.  

Roids and physical abuse are why wrestlers die young.  It might be orchestrated but Pro Wrestling is probably the toughest sport in the world.  Well "Sports Entertainment:" anyway.  Them guys are studs.

RIP Roddy.

• Like 1

Well said. Rowdy Roddy Piper was a favorite of mine as well. Always enjoyed watching his antics with my paternal grandfather.

RIP, Rod.

Now it's time to get out my copy of They Live again.

You bought it? Please tell me it's on laser disc :D

I'll save you the hassle, here's the best part. (oh and RIP Rod, you'll be missed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns

You bought it? Please tell me it's on laser disc :D

I'll save you the hassle, here's the best part. (oh and RIP Rod, you'll be missed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns

Curse you and your sacrilege! One of the best movies ever made...by anyone in pro wrestling that is. lol

And no, it's a dvd. But now that I see a Blu-ray is out... Edited by hipower