Amy Schumer/Chuck Schumer

I have always thought she is the only funny comedian there is right now, but after this stunt I will never watch or

listen to her again.    (Amy Schumer joins up with her uncle in gun control effort)   Major headlines today or

Google. Why is it that somebody gets a little fame they have to start running off at the mouth about taking

away everyones 2nd amendments rights? Glad I seen this before going to see her new movie. Should have

known being related to Chuck this would happen someday. 

It may just be the worst most distasteful publicity stunt ever. Who would have known Amy Schumer had a movie, much less the shooting took place during that movie. Only link I can she, other than cousin Chuck.

Personally, I've never understood people giving any weight to what an actor says: actor = professional liar.

Makes two of us. They are entertainers. They have a skill I do not have but without them, I don't think life as we know it would end. Got money and the public eye so your opinion or view has merit?

So I guess I'm supposed to know who Amy Schumer is? :shrug:

I don't, and I don't care. :snore:

I'm with you, even after seeing the trailers a few times her name was not recognizable.  But she opens her mouth and now at least many of us in the gun community knows who she is.  So for her handlers, mission accomplished.

I'm with you, even after seeing the trailers a few times her name was not recognizable.  But she opens her mouth and now at least many of us in the gun community knows who she is.  So for her handlers, mission accomplished.

Your right and I put her on the ever growing list of "people I have no use for and will never spend a dime on" :puke:

• Like 2

I learned sometime back that all the real actors are gone and have been for many years. All you have these days are puppets that read a script and have many prompters to make sure they get it right. They say what they are told to say or they don't get work in Tinsel Town. I'm sure there are a few actors that don't express their true feelings pertaining to 2nd Amendment if they want to continue working. The few that have made their feelings know about being Pro-gun are either ready to retire or they just won't lie about their true feelings and they do have trouble finding work in Hollywood..................jmho

Not the biggest fan of Sean Hannity sometimes but he said something a while back that really made a lot of sense to me..."If you pay attention to politics you'll never watch a good movie and you'll never listen to good music". I have found that to be pretty accurate recently with the exception of a few.

Edited by tennesseetiger
  • Like 2

So I guess I'm supposed to know who Amy Schumer is? :shrug:

I don't, and I don't care. :snore:

I'm real bad about not knowing who half of these people are when they come out and try and preach to us.  My wife on the other hand almost always has at a minimum heard their name before.   This was on GMA this morning and neither of us had a clue who she was.

Not the biggest fan of Sean Hannity sometimes but he said something a while back that really made a lot of sense to me..."If you pay attention to politics you'll never watch a good movie and you'll never listen to good music". I have found that to be pretty accurate recently with the exception of a few.

I heard Sean say that also and for the most part I watch very little television except for Discovery channel, History and National geographic Channels and fox new ever so often. I will watch a Movie directed by Clint Eastwood. Other wise I don't watch much.

• Like 1

Yep, totally agree. I've said many times you have to separate the art from the artist or you'll miss a lot of great entertainment, whether film, music, art, whatever.

And yep, that includes even Hanoi Jane -- 8 or 10 of the movies in which she appears have enriched my experience.

Hell, besides all the serious ones, it's near criminal to have missed Kid Sheleen in Cat Ballou.

ballou06.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yep, totally agree. I've said many times you have to separate the art from the artist or you'll miss a lot of great entertainment, whether film, music, art, whatever.

And yep, that includes even Hanoi Jane -- 8 or 10 of the movies in which she appears have enriched my experience.

Hell, besides all the serious ones, it's near criminal to have missed Kid Sheleen in Cat Ballou.

- OS

There are some thiings that I just can't get past. For instance when an artist ihas cast their self in a particular light like Bruce Willis who always was cast as the hero until The Jackel, and then he couldn't convince me of the part.

Edited by SWJewellTN

Same ol same ol from a celebrity, they get on some personal cause/fad and think they can actually change someone's mind about something. Reality is, just like the hundreds of liberal celebrities before her, she will make her noise about it and it will be forgotten soon with no effect on anything or anyone.

Edited by K191145

ballou06.jpg

- OS

Well I "TRY" not to let their rants ruin some movies I like, although there's not really any Jane Fonda movies I care for. I have to admit I can't watch a Jim Carry movie and look at his stupid face but most all his movies were stupid anyway so i'm not missing anything. I will watch "Hunt For Red October" with Baldwin and some other movies.

• Like 1

Well I "TRY" not to let their rants ruin some movies I like, although there's not really any Jane Fonda movies I care for. ...

Something wrong with you if you don't like Cat Ballou. ;)

Just looking at quick filmography, I have very much enjoyed that and:

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Klute

Julia

Coming Home

The China Syndrome

The Electric Horseman

Nine To Five

The China Syndrome

On Golden Pond

The Morning After

Agnes of God

That's alone from her repertoire is quite a body of fine flicks, not to mention of course this pinnacle of cerebral artistry :) :

2381809-12395_10150117536715344_88409034

- OS

Well I "TRY" not to let their rants ruin some movies I like, although there's not really any Jane Fonda movies I care for. I have to admit I can't watch a Jim Carry movie and look at his stupid face but most all his movies were stupid anyway so i'm not missing anything. I will watch "Hunt For Red October" with Baldwin and some other movies.

The only reason Cat Ballou was any good was Lee Marvin and his drunken horse. Hanoi Jane wasn't never more then a 2 bit actress living off her father's name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6fKjtQ1zI

Edited by crossfire